Expedia owns both Travelocity and Orbitz among numerous other travels brands. These three websites are offering basically an identical Best Price Guarantee program but prices among them can vary by a few cents.
All these sites allow you to do three successful claims each month. Travelocity and Expedia claims are handled by Expedia. Orbitz may still have their own dedicated customer service.
You can access Travelocity’s Best Price Guarantee here.
Travelocity Best Price Guarantee terms are quite clear (see below) when it comes to the flights. Only exclusion is that standalone Spirit flights are not eligible.
Flight Price – Travelocity:
Virgin Australia Sydney – Melbourne one-way was pricing at $108.80.
Flight Price – Orbitz:
And Orbitz was selling the same flight for 1 cent less.
Filled Out The Form:
Email Confirmation That It Was Received:
There is usually price variation between the various Expedia sites and it is not that difficult to find flights with differences. These $50 Best Price Guarantee coupons come handy when I am in a city with no chain hotels or if I need something for a quick overnight.
It took roughly 48 hours for Travelocity to process the claim. As a matter of fact, I purchased two tickets for this fight and did BRGs for both. I wish that Best Price Guarantees offered by hotel chains would be this smooth (they aren’t).
I have another piece coming next week where Travelocity’s prices were one cent less, and I did a Best Price Guarantee with Orbitz.
Here are the terms and conditions of Travelocity Best Price Guarantee:
- Travelocity Price Guarantee. In the unlikely event that you find a lower rate on Travelocity.com or on another U.S.-based website within 24 hours of booking with Travelocity.com, we will credit or refund to you the difference in price. In addition, we will give you a fifty dollar ($50.00 US) coupon good on a future booking of a Travelocity Rate hotel or air plus hotel package on Travelocity.com with a $100 US minimum value before taxes and fees. This Travelocity Price Guarantee is subject to the terms and conditions listed below.
- Travelocity Price Guarantee for Hotels. For hotels, we go even further! If you find a lower rate on Travelocity.com or on another U.S.-based website up to 11:59 pm Pacific time 2 days before your scheduled check-in date of your booking with Travelocity.com, we will credit or refund to you the difference in price. In addition, we will give you a fifty dollar ($50.00 US) coupon good on a future booking of a Travelocity Rate hotel or air plus hotel package on Travelocity.com with a $100 US minimum value before taxes and fees. This Travelocity Price Guarantee for Hotels is subject to the terms and conditions listed below.
- Travel must be completed in accordance with the booked itinerary to be eligible to receive the coupon, refund or credit.Changed or cancelled bookings are not eligible to receive the coupon. Coupons will be added to your account within 3 to 4 weeks after your qualifying travel itinerary has been completed.
- Stand Alone Spirit Airlines Flights are not eligible for Travelocity Price Guarantee. Spirit Airlines flights within a package could be eligible under standard BPG rules.
- To collect the fifty dollar ($50.00 US) coupon, you must have a Travelocity Account with an associated email address and password combination. If you booked using a guest account, you will qualify for a refund of the difference in price.
- Notifying Travelocity of a Claim. You must file a Travelocity Price Guarantee application form within twenty-four (24) hours after your Travelocity.com booking, or for hotels, at least 2 days before your check-in date, to make a claim under the Travelocity Price Guarantee. The lower rate must be available for booking at the time you contact us, as determined by our customer service representatives.
- Must be “Apples to Apples” Comparison. The Travelocity Price Guarantee is available only for exact itinerary matches. For example, the specific airline and cabin class (First, Business, Premium Economy or Coach/Economy), hotel (including room type), ship and cabin category, rental car company and vehicle class, applicable refund policy, and the exact same dates and times of travel or service as booked through Travelocity.com.For any stand-alone product booking (for example, a hotel room or an airline ticket), the comparison must be to the same product purchased stand-alone through another website (i.e., not part of a hotel + air travel package).
The Travelocity Price Guarantee is not available for bookings on websites where the carrier, property, rental car company, itinerary or similar booking details are unknown until after purchase. You must meet all requirements imposed on the lower price (if any), including, without limitation, residency, regional and age-related requirements.
- Comparison Rates Must Be Available to the General Public Online. The Travelocity Price Guarantee applies only to prices both advertised and available to the general public on an English-language website.For example, this does not include rates offered on:
- Membership program websites, corporate discounts or rates
- Group, charter, rewards program, incentive, meeting, convention, consolidator or interline prices
- Prices obtained via auction or similar process
- Prices available only by using a coupon or other promotion not offered to the general public.
The lower rate may not come from a website where you call to get the rate, or from an e-mail that you received. In addition, the rate must be quoted, booked, and paid for in US dollars.
- Important Note Regarding Activities and Travel Packages. When you book an activity, or a travel package (i.e., air + hotel, air + hotel + car, air + car, or hotel + car booked together as a package on the same itinerary) with Travelocity.com, the Travelocity Price Guarantee applies to the cost of the activity or the travel package, respectively, plus all taxes and fees.
- Important Note Regarding Cruises. The Travelocity Price Guarantee applies only to the cost of the cruise. Taxes and fees, and any additional items, such as air or land components, insurance, the Cruise Protection Plan, shipboard credits, transfers, pre- or post- cruise hotel stays, onboard amenities, gift cards/certificates, cash back and/or dollars off are not eligible.To qualify for the Travelocity Price Guarantee on a cruise booking, you must have either paid in full or paid a non-refundable deposit on the booking. If you have made a non-refundable deposit, then any credit under the Travelocity Price Guarantee will be applied toward the outstanding balance due for your booked cruise.
- Verification of Claims. All requests, including receipts, are subject to verification by Travelocity. Travelocity will not accept screenshots or other purported evidence of a lower price that cannot be independently confirmed by Travelocity personnel. Nor will Travelocity verify any request that it believes, in its sole discretion, is the result of a printing or other error or is made fraudulently or in bad faith.For verification of stand-alone car rental and non-prepaid hotel bookings, the customer service representative will instruct you to e-mail an electronic copy of your car or hotel receipt to Travelocity within thirty (30) days after you have completed the rental or hotel stay.
Verified requests will receive a credit to the credit card used for the booking, within approximately 7-10 days of verification.
- One (1) $50 coupon per entire booking
- Three (3) coupons per customer per calendar month (regardless of the number of accounts used by the customer or the number of bookings made by the customer).
Each coupon is valid for one (1) year from month of issuance. Travelocity reserves the right to render any coupon void that Travelocity issues in excess of these limits, or issued in error, or where the customer is found to be ineligible to receive a coupon or has been deemed by Travelocity to be abusing the Travelocity Price Guarantee program for personal or financial gains.
- Changes. Travelocity reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify or discontinue the Travelocity Price Guarantee or to restrict its availability to any person, at any time, for any or no reason, and without prior notice or liability to you. The terms that are in effect at the time of your booking will determine your eligibility under the Travelocity Price Guarantee.No change in the Travelocity Price Guarantee program will affect any coupon that has already been issued to you. The failure by Travelocity to enforce any provision of these Terms & Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.