United Airlines has launched a new conversion offer for IHG Rewards Club members points to miles.
IHG Rewards Club members can convert 10,000 points to 2,000 MileagePlus miles that is bonused by 50% under this offer to 3,000 miles.
Note that you must register for this offer on United’s website and then contact IHG Rewards Club to initiate the conversion.
I would say that 10 IHG Rewards Club points to 3 United Airlines miles is a fair offer (when this bonus is factored in).
Here are the terms and conditions:
- Registration: To qualify for this offer, members must register for the promotion at www.united.com/ihgpointstomiles between September 10, 2016 and October 10, 2016 (“Promotional Period”).
- Qualifying Activity: Members who have registered for this promotion will earn 50% more miles (“Bonus Miles”) for each conversion of 10,000 IHG Rewards Club points into United MileagePlus miles during the Promotional Period. Members may convert IHG Rewards Club points into United MileagePlus award miles athttp://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/global/redeem-rewards/miles or by calling IHG Rewards Club Customer Care directly at 1-888-211-9874 (toll-free). The date on which the transfer of IHG Rewards Club points is ordered (“Transaction Date”) must fall within the Promotional Period in order to qualify for Bonus Miles.
- Posting of Promotional Miles: Please allow 6-8 weeks for miles to post to your account, including Bonus Miles.
- General: This offer is not combinable with other MileagePlus offers. Offer subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply. Miles accrued, awards, and benefits issued are subject to change and are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program, including without limitation the Premier® program (the “MileagePlus Program”), which are expressly incorporated herein. Please allow 6-8 weeks after completed qualifying activity for miles to post to your account. United may change the MileagePlus Program including, but not limited to, rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers or terminate the MileagePlus Program at any time and without notice. United and its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products or services of other participating companies and partners. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the member. Bonus award miles, award miles and any other miles earned through non-flight activity do not count toward qualification for Premier status unless expressly stated otherwise. The accumulation of mileage or Premier status or any other status does not entitle members to any vested rights with respect to the MileagePlus Program. All calculations made in connection with the MileagePlus Program, including without limitation with respect to the accumulation of mileage and the satisfaction of the qualification requirements for Premier status, will be made by United Airlines and MileagePlus in their discretion and such calculations will be considered final. Information in this communication that relates to the MileagePlus Program does not purport to be complete or comprehensive and may not include all of the information that a member may believe is important, and is qualified in its entirety by reference to all of the information on the united.com website and the MileagePlus Program rules. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks. For complete details about the MileagePlus Program, go towww.united.com.
- IHG Rewards Club® Terms & Conditions apply.