Singapore Airlines has a new promotion for their KrisFlyer members offering a 30% discount off awards in Economy and Premium Economy to select destinations in February/March 2017.
This promotion actually has a wide range of available destinations (including mainstream ones) where this discount applies, and given the low fuel surcharges for SIA nowadays it might be worth it.
Usually I’m skeptical when I see promotions for Economy awards but since Singapore Airlines lowered their fuel surcharges dramatically and their Premium Economy is a very good product, this promotion might be worth a shot if you have the miles.
You can access the Singapore Airlines promotional website here.
From now to 16 November 2016, enjoy a 30% discount when you redeem your KrisFlyer miles online for a Singapore Airlines or SilkAir flight* on singaporeair.com. Select from a list of destinations across our combined network for travel between 6 February and 31 May 2017.
To redeem, please complete the following:
- Log in to your KrisFlyer account with your KrisFlyer membership number and PIN at the top right corner of this page.
- Select ‘Book a Flight’ on your dashboard
- Click ‘Redeem flights’ and select your travel details
The destinations are too many to post them here in single images so I created a pdf for both Economy Class and Premium Economy.
Here are the destinations for Economy Class bookings under the promotion:
These are the Premium Economy options:
Singapore to Sydney would cost 31,500 KrisMiles in Premium Economy plus taxes and fees.
Keep in mind the promotion is limited to certain flights (flight numbers) so you won’t see the discount for all flights to the listed destination. In the initial search results it will come up with the full amount and then it will lower once you select it. There is no additional online booking bonus for these reservations apart from the 30% as advertised.
The regular online booking bonus is 15% for all SQ flights so you might want to compare with the other awards available if they suit you better in any way (be it due to time or class of service).
You may have to do a dummy booking and then also compare against paid fares for your desired dates. Premium Economy can be pretty expensive so this might be a very good deal. Keep in mind that it can be worth it to price Business Class and First Class redemptions as well to get a feel for the value of an award. The difference between the various classes of service when using KrisFlyer miles is not very high compared to other programs.
These are the Terms & Conditions of the promotion at the time of this article:
- The promotion is only applicable for online redemption of Saver Awards in Premium Economy Class and Economy Class on selected Singapore Airlines and SilkAir operated flights. Eligible bookings can only be made through singaporeair.com. This promotion is not available through KrisFlyer Membership Services, SIA Ticket Offices, travel agents, SilkAir.com, or any other channels.
- To qualify for the promotion, tickets must be issued between 2 November to 16 November 2016, for travel between 6 February to 31 May 2017, all dates inclusive. All travel must be completed by 31 May 2017. If any part of the itinerary falls outside the applicable travel period or contains an ineligible flight, the entire itinerary will not be eligible for the promotion.
- Any change is strictly not permitted for bookings made under this promotion. Cancellation is also not permitted for partially used tickets.
- This promotion cannot be combined with any other discount or promotion.
- Taxes, fuel surcharges and fees are applicable in addition to the required redemption mileage and paid for separately by the passenger in the applicable currency.
- The discount level is only applied on the number of KrisFlyer miles required for a Premium Economy Class Saver or an Economy Class Saver award ticket. It does not apply to commercial tickets purchased with part miles, part cash. Taxes, surcharges and fees are separately charged and payable and are not subject to any discount.
- All redemptions are subject to seat availability at the time of booking.
- KrisFlyer, Singapore Airlines and SilkAir terms and conditions apply.
- KrisFlyer, Singapore Airlines and SilkAir reserve the right to change the eligible destinations, flight numbers and travel dates, without prior notice.
- KrisFlyer, Singapore Airlines and SilkAir reserve the right to vary these terms and conditions or terminate this promotion without prior notice at their own sole discretion.
- For enquiries, please contact KrisFlyer Membership Services.