Today’s Airfare of the Day goes to British Airways’ Premium Economy fares between Dublin and Dubai.
- Fare: British Airways (BA) THNCEUR.
- Route: DUB-LHR-DXB.
- Booking class: DUB-LHR – K (Economy/Coach). LHR-DXB – T (Premium Economy).
- Price: USD 621.
- Valid for: Round trip travel.
- Flight restrictions: Travel between Europe and Dubai must be on BA metal.
- Travel restrictions: Departure between 25 APR – 15 JUN 2017.
- Sales restrictions: Ticket must be issued before 20 MAR 2017. Ticket must be issued in British Airways/Iberia/Aer Lingus stock. Ticket must not be sold in Argentina/Venezuela/Nigeria/Angola.
- Stopovers: Unlimited stopovers permitted at EUR 100 each.
- Minimum stay: Saturday night stay required.
- Maximum stay: 12 months after departure.
- Transfers allowed: Unlimited transfers permitted.
- Changes: Allowed any time for a EUR 180 fee.
- Cancellation: Allowed any time. Ticket is non-refundable.
- Available on: Several OTAs like Orbitz or Expedia.
British Airways uses either a B747 or a B777 (you can access the seat maps here). In these planes the Premium Economy cabin has a 2-4-2 configuration, featuring a slightly wider and more reclinable seat than Economy class.
Several OTAs show plenty of availability for departures in May/June. For example, a screenshot from Kayak for a June booking:
For those looking to use a travel agent for the booking, here is the fare construction from ItaSoftware:
Crediting these flights to any of the One World member airlines, or to Alaska Airlines (BAEC partner) will earn you a total of 7342 miles (excluding elite bonuses).
Good price for Premium Economy for a medium-haul flight. You’ll be traveling in a smaller, less densely populated cabin for about USD 100-150 more than in Economy (that’s good). The only drawbacks I can think of are BA’s signature “hit and miss” inconsistent service and having to transfer in Heathrow, a traveler’s nightmare.