Today’s Airfare of the day goes to Thai Airways Business Class fares between Kuala Lumpur and Dubai.
- Fare: Thai Airways (TG) JRYEYMY
- Route: KUL-BKK-DXB
- Booking class: J (Business Class)
- Price: USD 810
- Valid for: Round trip travel
- Flight restrictions: All segments must be on TG metal
- Travel restrictions: Departure before 31 MAR 2018
- Sales restrictions: Ticket must be issued before 31 MAR 2017. Ticket must be issued on TG stock
- Stopovers: 1 free stopover permitted in BKK in each direction
- Minimum stay: No minimum stay
- Maximum stay: 12 months after departure
- Transfers: 1 transfer permitted in BKK in each direction
- Changes: Allowed any time for a MYR 100 fee (around USD 67)
- Cancellation/Refunds: Allowed for a MYR 300 fee (around USD 200)
- Available on: Several OTAs like Orbitz or Expedia.
Thai Airways uses their B777-300 on the KUL-BKK segment with their old business class configuration: seven seats abreast in a 2-3-2 layout (you can access the seat map here). For the BKK-DXB segment the airline uses an A330, with six seats abreast in a 2-2-2 layout (you can access the seat map here).
Several OTAs show plenty of availability for departures between September and December. For example, a screenshot from Kayak for an October booking:
For those looking to use a travel agent for the booking, here is the fare construction from ItaSoftware:
The following mileage accruals have been estimated without considering any elite status bonuses:
This is a great price for business class on medium-haul flights. It’s also available until March 2018 and it offers flexibility in terms of changes and cancellations. The fare includes more stopovers and transfers, but the routing only allows stopovers/transfers in Bangkok. The longest segment is 6.5 hours, which is fine for a recliner seat on a day flight.