Today’s Airfare of the day goes to United Airlines shoulder season fare between Boston and Copenhagen.
- Fare: United Airlines (UA) KKNC87K
- Route: BOS-FRA-CPH
- Booking class: K (Economy/Coach)
- Price: USD 451.
- Valid for: Round trip travel.
- Seasonal restrictions: Permitted through 10 MAY 2017 for each transatlantic sector.
- Flight restrictions: Allows transatlantic flights in UA metal or UA codeshares.
- Ticketing restrictions: Ticketing must be completed at least 28 days before departure.
- Sales restrictions: Tickets must be issued on/before 31 MAR 2017. Tickets must not be sold in Iran, Angola, South Sudan, Nigeria, Venezuela, Egypt, Sudan.
- Stopovers: No stopovers allowed.
- Minimum stay: 7 days after departure of the outbound transatlantic sector.
- Maximum stay: 6 months after departure.
- Transfers: 5 transfers permitted in each direction.
- Changes: Permitted any time for a USD 300.
- Cancellation/Refunds: Ticket is non-refundable.
- Available on: Several OTAs like Orbitz or Expedia, and United Airlines’s website.
Here are some examples I could pull off:
Fare construction example for those interested in using a travel agent to book it:
The following mileage accruals were estimated without considering any elite status bonuses:
It’s interesting how the presence of WOW Air and Norwegian Airlines is reshaping the Economy Class market and in Scandinavia by making legacy carriers reduce their prices. Also, couldn’t help but noticing the list of countries where sales of this fare are restricted and immediately thinking of this.