IHG Rewards Club has finally spiced the Gold, Platinum and especially Spire Elite benefits for stays in Greater China (China, Macao, Hong Kong & Taiwan) effective March 20, 2017.
Spire Elite members will receive F&B coupons, lounge access at Crowne Plaza and Hualuxe hotels, and all members are eligible to receive four Didi (Chinese ride sharing app) coupons per month.
You can access IHG Rewards Club here.
Note that members are eligible for all existing benefits including the welcome amenity of points or drink.
- Base and Gold level members eligible for four 15% off coupons per month
- Platinum members eligible for four 20% off coupons per month
- Spire Elite members eligible for four 25% off coupons per month
Didi discount coupon benefit is valid from May 2017 to April 2018.
Spire Elite Food & Beverage Credits:
- InterContinental 120 RMB ($17)
- Indigo 90 RMB ($13)
- Holiday Inn 60 RMB ($9)
Crowne Plaza & Hualuxe:
- Spire Elite members are now eligible for Club lounge access when staying at Crowne Plaza and Hualuxe hotels.
Holiday Inn Express:
- Spire Elite members will receive welcome gift bag that includes drinks and snacks.
This is welcomed change and the lounge access for Spire Elite members at Crowne Plaza hotels really should be a global benefit.
Uber ended its operations in China and now has a stake in Didi. Unfortunately, Didi’s app is only available in Chinese and thus useless for those that don’t speak the language.
I guess that the Spire Elite member F&B credit when staying at InterContinental hotels should be combinable with Royal Ambassador status benefits?