Today’s Airfare of the Day goes to Aeromexico Shoulder Season instant purchase fares between London and Quito, available during Spring/Summer 2017.
- Fare: Aeromexico (AM) RRKSUNNY LON to UIO.
- Route: LON-MEX-UIO.
- Booking class: R (Economy/Coach).
- Price: USD 437.
- Valid for: Round trip fares.
- Seasonal restrictions: Originating United Kingdom, permitted 04 APR through 14 JUN 2017, or 22 AUG through 30 SEP 2017.
- Flight restrictions: Travel must be on AM metal.
- Ticketing restrictions: Ticketing must be completed at least 5 days before departure.
- Minimum stay: Saturday night stay required.
- Maximum stay: 1 month after departure.
- Stopover restrictions: No stopovers permitted.
- Sales restrictions: Tickets must be issued on/after 27 MAR 2017 and on/before 02 APR 2017. Fares may only be sold by AM. Tickets may not be sold in Venezuela.
- Cancellations: Any time. Ticket is non-refundable.
- Changes: Any time. Charge USD 300 for reissue/revalidation. Charge USD 150 for no-show.
A fare search using Matrix ItaSoftware shows plenty of availability for May and June.
Here are examples of a mock booking through Priceline:
Fare construction example for those interested in using a travel agent to book it:
The mileage accrual for LHR-MEX-UIO was estimated without considering any elite status bonuses.
It is the long way to Quito, but it’s a cheap way there too. Great cost per mile on Czech Airlines, and decent cost per mile for most of the SkyTeam mileage programs. Too bad it doesn’t include a stopover in Mexico City, but you can probably book a long transfer (under 24 hours) and overnight in MEX to break up the trip.