Looking for a romantic destination for Christmas/New Year’s Eve? Wishing to surprise someone special? Traveling on a limited budget? Norwegian Airlines is offering super low fares from Los Angeles to Paris during December 2017 to February 2018.
- Fare: Norwegian (DY) XSRFR LAX to PAR
- Route: LAX – PAR
- Booking class: X (LowFare)
- Price: USD 394
- Valid for: One way travel
- Flight restrictions: Travel must be on DY metal
- Stopover restrictions: No stopovers permitted
- Transfer restrictions: No transfers permitted
- Sales restrictions: Tickets must be issued on DY stock
- Cancellations: Ticket is non-refundable
- Changes: Any time. Charge USD 125 per coupon for reissue/revalidation. Charge USD 60 per coupon for name change.
These flights are bookable through Norwegian.com. If you perform a ‘Low Fare Calendar’ search, you will get the prices in a monthly view. Here are the prices available (as of today) for outbound and inbound flights for December 2017 – February 2018.
As it can be seen, the lowest outbound fare is USD 175, while the lowest inbound flights is USD 218.80. These fares book into Norwegian Economy LowFare product.
The LowFare product is a no-frills basic fare that, basically, only includes the ride there and 1 piece of hand luggage. All other extras (seat selection, food/beverages on board/checked baggage/fast track) are available for a fee.
Norwegian uses a B787-8 Dreamliner on the LAX-CDG route. This plane comes with a 259 seats Economy cabin. You can access the seatmap here.
All DY flights earn CashPoints on Norwegian Rewards. LowFare tickets earn 2% CashPoints on the base fare (excluding taxes), in this case 19 CashPoints.
I’ve flown Norwegian short haul (intra-Europe) and I’ve liked it every time. They are a no frills airline, but their planes look well kept and they offer you free WiFi and the possibility to stream entertainment content to your device. I still have to fly them long haul and experience how comfortable their Dreamliners are.