Today’s Airfare of the Day goes to Virgin Atlantic Business Class Excursion NonRef fares between San Francisco and Manchester, available throughout the summer.
- Fare: Virgin Atlantic (VS) ZP75US.
- Route: SFO – MAN.
- Booking class: Z (Business Class).
- Price: USD 2002.
- Valid for: Round trip travel.
- Day/Time restrictions: Permitted Tuesday/Friday/Sunday on each transatlantic sector.
- Flight restrictions: Transatlantic sectors must be on VS metal or DL codeshares.
- Advanced reservation/ticketing restrictions: Reservations and ticketing for all sectors are required at least 50 days before departure.
- Minimum stay: 7 days after departure.
- Maximum stay: 3 months after departure.
- Stopover restrictions: No stopovers permitted.
- Transfer restrictions: 3 transfers permitted in each direction: 1 in the United Kingdom and 2 in the United States.
- Sales restrictions: Tickets must be issued on/before 06 APR 2017. Tickets must be issued on VS or DL/AF/KL stock.
- Cancellations: Any time. Ticket is non-refundable.
- Changes: Any time. Charge USD 500 for reissue/revalidation.
A monthly search using Matrix Itasoftware shows plenty of availability for the summer:
This flight can also be booked using DL codeshare flight number. Other airlines have significantly higher prices for the same route on these dates:
Fare construction rules for those interested:
The following mileage accruals were estimated without considering any elite status bonuses.
Virgin Atlantic offers a solid Business Class product (marketed as “Upper Class”). Their lounges are chic, trendy, and fun. The price is just right considering summer is the highest of the seasons for European travel.