Today’s Airfare of the Day goes to Tap Portugal Basic Season Economy one way special excursion fares between Canada and multiple destinations in Europe.
- Fare: TAP Portugal (TP) OLCAEUTP.
- Route: YYZ – LIS – Multiple Destinations (ORY/NCE/MAD/BCN/OPO/…).
- Booking class: O (Economy/Coach).
- Price: USD 448.
- Valid for: One way travel or round trip travel Toronto – Europe. Not valid for Europe departures.
- Seasonal restrictions: Permitted 01 NOV through 12 DEC 2017.
- Flight restrictions: Transatlantic segments must be on TP metal. Intra-Portugal segments (if included) must be on TP metal. Intra-Europe segments (if included) must be on TP metal or A3/AY/AZ/LH/LO/LX/NI/OS/OU/PS/S7/SN/TK/WI codeshare.
- Stopover restrictions: One free stopover permitted in LIS/OPO either outbound/inbound. A stopover may not exceed 84 hours.
- Transfer restrictions: Unlimited transfers permitted.
- Sales restrictions: Tickets must be issued on TP stock. Tickets may not be sold in Angola/Venezuela.
- Cancellations: Any time. Ticket is non-refundable.
- Changes: Any time. Charge CAD 300 for reissue/revalidation. Charge CAD 350 for no-show.
I used YYZ-LIZ-ORY Round Trip as an illustrative example of this fare. A monthly search using Matrix Itasoftware shows limited availability for November/December:
Booking example from Priceline:
Fare construction rules for those interested:
The following mileage accruals were estimated for YYZ-LIS-ORY without considering any elite status bonuses. TP O fares do not qualify for accrual on most Star Alliance carriers.
This fare works both for one way or round trip travel departing from Toronto. The free stopover and multiple transfers permitted on the fare theoretically allow you to book a stopover in Oporto (via Lisbon) and add 2 extra segments to the booking, which can be useful for program qualification based on Elite Qualifying Segments (EQS).