Today’s Airfare of the Day goes Delta Comfort+ fares between New York City and Havana.
- Fare: Delta (DL) XNNL0NMZ/WCOM.
- Route: JFK – HAV.
- Booking class: W (Comfort+).
- Price: USD 352.
- Valid for: Round trip travel.
- Flight restrictions: The fare component must be on DL metal.
- Advances reservation/ticketing restrictions: Reservation and ticketing for all sectors are required at least 21 days before departure.
- Stopover restrictions: No stopovers permitted.
- Transfer restrictions: Two transfers permitted in each direction at USD 10.00 each.
- Sales restrictions: Originating North America, tickets must be issued on DL stock and may not be sold in Venezuela, Nigeria, Egypt, Zimbabwe or Angola.
- Cancellations: Any time. Ticket is non-refundable.
- Changes: Any time. Charge USD 200 for reissue/revalidation.
- Fare by rule: Fare applies when routing is 1201 – 1500 miles.
- Availability: May to September 2017
For some reason, Matrix ItaSoftware does not list any fares to Cuba. I guess they have not heard the news. In any case, a quick search using kayak shows availability from May to September:
Here is a booking example trough Delta:
The following mileage accruals were estimated for JFK – HAV without considering any elite status bonuses.
Good fare considering that it is valid throughout the summer and does not include any minimum or maximum stay in its rules. It also allows combinations with other SkyTeam alliance members, so it could be added, for example to an Air France fare from Paris to New York.
If you are a United States passport holder remember that although commercial travel between USA and Cuba is now permitted, ordinary tourism remains off-limits. You still can visit the island if your travel falls in one of the 12 categories of travel authorized by the United States (you can read more information about this subject here)