Today’s Airfare of the Day goes to SAS Business Restricted fares between Barcelona and Chicago for Round Trip fares.
- Fare: SAS (SK) Z3EUBIZ
- Route: BCN-CPH/OSL/STO-CPH/OSL/STO-CHI
- Booking class: Z (Business Class)
- Price: USD 1908 (USD 1471 base fare + taxes & surcharges)
- Seasonality: Permitted 20 DEC through 31 DEC or 08 APR through 22 APR or 05 JUL through 23 AUG on the outbound transatlantic sector
- Advance reservation/Ticketing: Confirmed reservations for all sectors are required at least 28 days before departure
- Minimum stay: 3 days after departure or inbound transatlantic sector commence no earlier than 12.01AM on the first Sunday after outbound departure, whichever comes first
- Maximum stay: No maximum stay requirements apply
- Stopovers: 2 stopovers permitted in each direction, limited to 1 free and 1 at EUR 75.00
- Transfers: 4 Transfers permitted in each direction: 3 permitted in Europe and 1 permitted in United States
- Sales restrictions: Tickets must be issued on SK or WF stock
- Cancellations: Before departure, per round trip there is a charge of EUR 250.00 – tickets are non-refundable in case of no-show
- Changes: Any time. Charge EUR 180 for reissue/revalidation.
I was able to find availability for July and August using Matrix ItaSoftware.
Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents):
SAS has recently updated the cabin for all their long haul planes and their new Business Class product gets great reviews.
The following accruals were estimated for BCN-ARN-ORD round trip without considering elite status bonuses:
Excellent fare between Spain and the United States during the summer. Price including taxes is about USD 600.00 cheaper than the closest competitor’s price for July or August. And SAS new Business Class Product is probably one of the most solid premium products in the sky these days. Good excuse to visit Chicago!
For the road warriors, 1 stopover and 1 extra transfer can be added per fare routing rules, which will add more mileage to the fare accrual.