Today’s Airfare of the Day goes to Delta round trip Economy sell-up fares between Chicago and Manila.
- Fare: Delta (DL) VLX0ZPC1
- Route: CHI-MNL/DL
- Maximum permitted mileage: 9795 miles (via the Pacific)
- Booking class: W (Comfort +)
- Price: USD 1075 (USD 978 base fare + taxes & surcharges)
- Seasonality: Permitted 21 AUG through 30 NOV on the outbound transpacific sector
- Flight application: Transpacific segments must be on DL metal
- Minimum stay: No minimum stay requirements
- Maximum stay: 6 months after departure from fare origin
- Stopovers: 2 stopovers permitted: 1 in each direction at USD 100 each
- Transfers: Unlimited transfers permitted in each direction at USD 20 each
- Sales restrictions: Tickets must be issued on/before 15 MAY 2017
- Cancellations: Any time, ticket is non-refundable
- Changes: Any time, charge EUR USD for reissue/revalidation
I was able to find availability for September/October 2017 using Google Flights.
Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents):
Mileage accrual was estimated for ORD-DTW-NRT-MNL round trip without considering any elite status bonuses.
The prices for this fare oscillate around USD 1050 – 1200 depending on the departure date. In any case is a great fare for extra space. (Delta will soon add a Premium Economy cabin known as Premium Select and this fare does not include that cabin.)
The fact that this fare has no routing but a maximum permitted mileage (MPM) allows being creative to maximize mileage earning, but take into account that every additional transfer added to the route costs USD 20.