Today’s Airfare of the Day goes to Thai Airways Business Class restricted fares between Italy and Sydney and constructed within the Eastern hemisphere.
First learnt about this fare on FlyerTalk. You can access the original post here.
- Fare: Thai Airways (TG) JRYEYIT
- Route: ROM-TG-BKK-TG-SYD
- Booking class: J (Business Class)
- Price: USD 2405 (USD 2270 base fare + taxes & surcharges)
- Flight Application: Connecting flights within Europe must be on AZ metal/ or XM/VE codeshare – Travel between ROM/MIL and BKK must be on TG metal – Travel between BKK and Australia must be on TG metal – Connecting flights within Australia must be on VA/NZ metal
- Advance reservation/Ticketing: Ticket must be issued on TG 217 stock
- Minimum stay: No minimum stay requirements
- Maximum stay: 12 months after departure from fare origin
- Stopovers: 2 free stopovers permitted: 1 in BKK in each direction
- Transfers: 1 transfer permitted in BKK in each direction + 3 transfers permitted in each direction
- Travel restrictions: Valid for travel commencing on/before 30 APR 2018
- Sales restrictions: Tickets must be issued on/before 30 APR 2018
- Cancellations: Any time, charge EUR 150 for cancel/refund
- Changes: Any time, charge EUR 150 for reissue/rebooking/rerouting
I was able to find availability from September 2017 to March 2018 using Matrix ItaSoftware:
Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents):
Mileage accrual was estimated for FCO-BKK-SYD round trip without considering any elite status bonuses.
Good fare, especially because of the flexibility it allows (for a relatively small fee) in terms of changes or cancellations. It also allows free stopovers in Bangkok, which is always a good thing. 200 % accrual for the Miles & More crowd does not hurt either!