Today’s Airfare of the Day goes to Japan Airlines midweek premium economy excursion fares for round trip travel between Kuala Lumpur and Tokyo Narita.
- Fare: Japan Airlines (JL) ENX0N2DE
- Booking class: E (Premium Economy)
- Price: USD 657
- Day/Time restrictions: Outbound permitted Sunday through Thursday – Inbound permitted Tuesday through Saturday
- Flight restrictions: Travel between Malaysia and Japan must be on JL metal or MH codeshare
- Minimum stay: No minimum stay requirements
- Maximum stay: 6 months after departure from fare origin
- Stopovers: 1 stopover permitted in each direction in Japan
- Transfers: 1 transfer permitted in each direction free
- Cancellations: Before departure charge MYR 300 for cancel/refund – after departure ticket is non-refundable
- Changes: Any time, charge MYR 300 for reissue/revalidation
I was able to find availability for June October 2017 using Matrix ItaSoftware:
Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents):
Mileage accrual was estimated for KUL-NRT round trip without considering any elite status bonuses.
This fare is wide open until October, and at least USD 300 cheaper than the next competitor is. Japan Airlines offers a solid Premium Economy product including lounge access and a decent recliner seat on the B787 Dreamliner usually scheduled for that route.