Today’s Airfare of the Day goes to United Airlines/Air Canada round trip APEX non-refundable fares between Los Angeles and Barcelona.
- Fare: UA/AC KLNC15N
- Booking class: K (Economy/Coach)
- Price: USD 378 (USD 34 Base Fare + Taxes & Surcharges)
- Day/Time restrictions: Permitted Monday, Wednesday or Friday on each transatlantic sector
- Seasonality: Outbound permitted 29 OCT through 14 DEC 2017 or 24 DEC 2017 through 22 MAR 2018 – Inbound permitted 30 OCT 2017 through 01 JAN 2018 or 09 JAN through 31 MAR 2018
- Flight application: North America/Transatlantic segments must be on UA/AC metal – Intra Europe segments must be on LH/OS/LX/SN/SK/TP/VS
- Advance reservation/Ticketing: Confirmed reservations required at least 28 days before departure. Ticketing must be completed within 72 hours after reservation was made or at least 28 days before departure, whichever is earlier
- Minimum stay: 7 days after departure of the outbound transatlantic sector
- Maximum stay: 12 months after departure from fare origin
- Stopovers: Stopovers not permitted
- Transfers: 5 transfers permitted in each direction: 3 in Europe and 2 in North America
- Sales restrictions: Tickets may not be sold in Venezuela, Nigeria, Egypt, Iran, Angola, South Sudan, Sudan
- Cancellations: Any time, ticket is non-refundable in case of cancel/no-show
- Changes: Any time, charge USD 300 for reissue/revalidation
I was able to find some limited availability for November and December using Matrix ItaSoftware:
Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents):
Mileage accrual was estimated for LAX-YYZ-BCN without considering any elite status bonuses.
Super cheap fare for this route, especially considering that some of the routings permitted are insane (LAX-YVR-YYC-YUL-FCO-LIS-BCN anyone?). If you route it via Canada, you don’t have to fly United (I call that a plus).