The Leading Hotels of the World is a collection of 375 independent hotels around the world that use LHW to market hotels to the members its Leader’s Club and general public.
Usually signing up for the Leader’s Club is not free but rather costs $150 per year. They have sign up promos every once in a while for 12 month free membership and another one has just surfaced (thanks goes for a reader that alerted me).
You can access this offer on LHW’s website here.
Leader’s Club membership is now free for those that has World MasterCard (not required). You must make one booking using the form that they provide. This sign up offer is valid until December 31, 2017.
Here are the Leader’s Club benefits:
- Complimentary continental breakfast for two each day
- One-category room upgrade opportunities*
- Earn one complimentary night at any Leading Hotel for every five stays you complete. Stay credits do not expire as long as your membership is active.
- Complimentary Internet access
- Exclusive Member & Hotel privileges:
- Special rate privileges available only to Leaders Club members
- Early check-in, late check-out considerations*
- Unique welcome gift for you at each Leading Hotel
There are quite a few interesting hotels under the LHW flag (tends to be pricey) including the former SPG Luxury Collection hotel Kämp in Helsinki. Signing up for the offer makes sense if you are planning to stay at any of their properties.
Earning a free night for every five stays is good offer if those five stays are short. Not sure how easy or difficult it is to burn the complimentary night once earned.