Today’s Airfare of the Day goes to Cathay Pacific round trip Premium Economy restricted fares between Johannesburg and New York City.
- Fare: Cathay Pacific (CX) EAARRZA8
- Booking class: E (Premium Economy)
- Price: USD 1896 (USD 1620 Base Fare + Taxes & Surcharges)
- Flight application: All segments must be on CX/KA metal
- Minimum stay: No minimum stay requirements
- Maximum stay: 12 months after departure from fare origin
- Stopovers: 2 stopovers permitted in HKG: 1 free and 1 at ZAR 1000,00
- Transfers: 4 transfers permitted on the pricing unit in JNB/HKG
- Travel restrictions: Valid for travel commencing on/after 20 MAR 2017 and on/before 31 MAR 2018
- Sales restrictions: Tickets must be issued on CX/KA stock and may not be sold in Botswana
- Cancellations: Before departure charge ZAR 2500,00 for cancel/refund – After departure ticket is non-refundable
- Changes: Any time, charge ZAR 1250,00 for reissue, charge ZAR 600,00 for revalidation
I was able to find some limited availability for June, September and October 2017, and February-March 2018 using Matrix ItaSoftware:
Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents):
Mileage accrual was estimated for JNB-HKG-JFK round trip without considering any elite status bonuses.
This fare is for the road warriors! It is good that it allows stopovers in HKG to break the trip, that’s the only way I’d do it.