Today’s Airfare of the Day goes to China Airlines basic midweek Premium Economy fares between Taipei and Los Angeles.
- Fare: China Airlines (CI) ELX3M5
- Booking class: E (Premium Economy)
- Price: USD 1196 (USD 1064 Base Fare + Taxes & Surcharges)
- Eligibility: No eligibility requirements apply
- Day/Time restrictions: Outbound transpacific sector permitted Monday through Thursday
- Seasonality: Permitted 01 SEP through 31 DEC 2017 for the outbound transpacific sector
- Flight application: Transpacific sectors must be on CI metal
- Advance reservation/Ticketing: No advance reservation requirements apply
- Minimum stay: No minimum stay requirements apply
- Maximum stay: 3 months after departure from fare origin
- Stopovers: No stopovers permitted per allowed routing
- Transfers: No transfers permitted per allowed routing
- Blackout dates: No blackout dates apply
- Surcharges: No surcharge requirements apply
- Travel restrictions: Valid for travel commencing on/before 31/12/2017
- Sales restrictions: Tickets must be issued on/before 12 JUN 2017 – Tickets must be issued on the stock of CI or AE and may not be sold in Spain, Greece or Italy
- Cancellations: Any time, charge TWD 1000 for refund
- Changes: Any time, charge TWD 1000 for reissue/revalidation
I was able to find availability for September to December 2017 using Matrix ItaSoftware:
Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents):
E fares get 100% accrual in all SkyTeam carriers. Round trip travel on this fare would earn 13598 miles.
China Airlines offers recliner seats with footrest on its Premium Economy product, which gets good reviews in terms of both hard product and dining options/in flight entertainment. This fare is at least USD 200 cheaper than the next competitor. There is a similar fare with a surcharge for weekend travel (USD 1231 + taxes & surcharges).