IHG Rewards Club has on-going 25% off flexible rate promotion (the discount can occasionally be lower or higher) for airline staff that is valid for non-crew members too.
The airline staff rate is valid at participating InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, Indigo, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites, Even and Hualuxe hotels.
You can access this offer on IHG’s website here.
Note that the terms state that you must have a valid airline ID and fill out a PDF that can be found from the age (likely filling out this PDF form is not enforced). This rate can be booked maximum of 30 days before arrival and for 7 nights at a time. Sometimes there is availability loaded by individual properties further out as well.
The terms and conditions also state that this rate is not eligible for IHG Rewards Club points and thus won’t be a qualifying one towards any promotions that they might have.
The main advantage of this rate plan is the flexibility. It is usually cancelable for up to 4PM the same day (always check the requirements of the individual hotels).
Here’s rate display for Indigo Helsinki:
You won’t see the regular rates when you search through the Staff rate. There is an advance purchase rate, but the discount is 25% off of the Best Flexible Rate.
Here are the rate rules:
Here’s rate search for a weekend night in Bangkok:
This is a rate offer to keep in mind if you or your travel companion happen to work for an airline and you don’t care about earning IHG Rewards Club points or nights.
Seems that IHG has now standardized the discount to be mostly 25%. Some IHG hotels were offering greater discounts in the past for airline staff members.
I would guess that possible elite benefits are extended to bookings made using this offer (no mentions on the T&Cs).
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- The Airline Employee Rate Promotion is available to Airline Employees only for bookings made up to 30 days in advance of stay. (Special Offers may vary advance purchase)
- A maximum of 7 nights is able to be booked under this rate
- Airline employees must present employee I.D at check in to qualify
- The Airline Employee Rate Promotion is available for room bookings only and not for packages or other components
- A refundable deposit equivalent to a one night stay is required at time of booking
- The Airline Employee Rate Promotion rates are subject to availability and may be changed without prior notice; do not qualify to earn IHG® Reward points; may not be booked by travel agents; and are not commissionable
- Airline Employee Rate Promotion bookings will be subject to applicable taxes, fees, and other standard service charges
- The Airline Employee Rate % discount may vary based on local laws hotel locations/occupancy and blackout dates
- The Airline Employee Rate Promotion may be terminated at any time without prior notice
- Maximum of 2 rooms per employee