Today’s Airfare of the Day goes to Xiamen Airlines Business Class excursion fares between Los Angeles and several destinations in mainland China, including Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou, Chengdu, Shenzhen and Xi’an (among others)
The fare seems to work for all mainland china routes operated by MF from XMN/JJN/FOC.
- Fare: Xiamen (MF) I3MUSA LAX to SHA
- Booking class: I (Business Class)
- Price: USD 1846 (USD 4538 Base Fare + Taxes & Surcharges)
- Maximum stay: 3 months after departure from fare origin
- Stopovers: 2 free stopovers permitted in each direction – Additional stopovers permitted at CNY 100 each – A stopover may not exceed 48 hours
- Blackout dates: Travel is not permitted 25 JUN through 24 AUG 2017
- Cancellations: Before departure, charge USD 300 for cancel/refund – After departure ticket is non-refundable
- Changes: Any time, charge USD 120 for reissue/revalidation
/VIA THE PACIFIC/
DOM ROUTE VALIDATION APPLIES WITHIN ORIG/DEST COUNTRIES
MAP CONSTRUCTED LEFT TO RIGHT AND RIGHT TO LEFT
Some examples of possible routings:
For July 2017 this fare at least USD 800 cheaper than the closest competitor for Beijing, Shanghai or Xi’ an.
I was able to find availability for September 2017 to June 2018 using Matrix ItaSoftware:
Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents):
The following accruals were estimated for LAX-XMN-PEK round trip travel.
This fare does not seem to have an expiration date and to work for all Xiamen Airlines destinations in mainland China.
The domestic China segments may book into C fare bucket, which yields higher accruals than I fares in some SkyTeam partners. For those looking to maximize earnings, routing via SEA (LAX-SEA on AS) is possible.
Being a discount Business Class fare, cancellation/change fees are expensive so better booking if travel plans are final.