Today’s Airfare of the Day goes to SkyTeam partners Delta, Air France and KLM, and their midweek Business Class excursion fares between Los Angeles and Barcelona/Madrid.
I first learned of this fare on FlyerTalk. You can access the original post here.
- Fare: Delta/Air France/KLM ZXP65US LAX to BCN/MAD
- Booking class: Z (Business Class)
- Price: USD 2109 (USD 1050 Base Fare + Taxes & Surcharges)
- Day/Time restrictions: Outbound permitted Monday through Wednesday on each transatlantic sector – Inbound permitted Monday through Thursday on each transatlantic sector
- Flight restrictions: All sectors must be on any DL/AF/AZ/KL/HA flight, excluding codeshares on AS metal
- Advance reservation/ticketing: Reservations for all sectors required at least 50 days before departure
- Minimum stay: Saturday night stay required
- Maximum stay: Does not apply
- Stopovers: No stopovers permitted
- Sales restrictions: Tickets must be issued on/before 13 JUL 2017
- Cancellations: Ticket is non-refundable in case of cancel/no-show
- Changes: Any time, charge USD 450 for reissue/revalidation
/VIA THE ATLANTIC/ MPM 7311
MILEAGE SYSTEM APPLIES BETWEEN ORIGIN AND DESTINATION
MILEAGE SYSTEM APPLIES ORIGIN TO DESTINATION
TICKETED POINT DEDUCTION OF 500 MILES APPLIES WHEN TRAVEL IS VIA PAR PROVIDED ALL TRAVEL IS VIA AF
TICKETED POINT DEDUCTION OF 600 MILES APPLIES WHEN TRAVEL IS VIA PAR OR AMS OR ROM
TICKETED POINT DEDUCTION OF 450 MILES APPLIES WHEN TRAVEL IS VIA MSP AND/OR DTT AND/OR BOS AND/OR MEM
Some examples of possible routings:
This fare is consistently cheaper than the competitors (please ignore Norwegian, as they do not sell a Business Class product)
I was able to find availability for September 2017 to June 2018 using Matrix ItaSoftware:
Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents):
The following accruals were estimated for LAX-ATL (P) ATL-BCN (Z) round trip travel on DL metal.
Excellent fare from the West Coast to Europe, considering that it allows for some creativity at routing. Being a discount Business Class fare, cancellation/change fees are expensive so better booking if travel plans are final.