Today’s Airfare of the Day goes to Air France’s shoulder season instant purchase non-refundable Economy Class fares between Washington DC and Basel, Switzerland.
- Fare: Air France (AF) VKP78US WAS to BSL
- Booking class: V (Economy/Coach)
- Price: USD 463 (USD 68 Base Fare + Taxes & Surcharges)
- Seasonal restrictions: Outbound permitted 06 AUG through 28 AUG 2017 or 03 SEP through 28 OCT 2017 or 15 DEC through 23 DEC 2017 or 23 MAR through 31 MAR 2018 for each transatlantic sector.
- Flight restrictions: All segments must be on any DL/AF/AZ/KL/AS/HA flight, including codeshares
- Advanced reservation/ticketing: Reservations for all sectors are required at least 28 days before departure
- Minimum stay: 7 days after departure of the outbound transpacific sector
- Maximum stay: 12 months after departure from fare origin
- Stopovers: No stopovers permitted
- Transfers: 2 transfers permitted in each direction
- Cancellations: Ticket is non-refundable in case of cancel/no-show
- Changes: Any time, charge USD 300 for reissue/revalidation
/VIA THE ATLANTIC/ MPM 4912
MILEAGE SYSTEM APPLIES BETWEEN ORIGIN AND DESTINATION
TICKETED POINT DEDUCTION OF 500 MILES APPLIES WHEN TRAVEL IS VIA PAR PROVIDED ALL TRAVEL IS VIA AF
TICKETED POINT DEDUCTION OF 500 MILES APPLIES WHEN TRAVEL IS VIA DTT PROVIDED ALL TRAVEL IS VIA AF
TICKETED POINT DEDUCTION OF 1000 MILES APPLIES WHEN TRAVEL IS VIA ATL PROVIDED ALL TRAVEL IS VIA AF
TICKETED POINT DEDUCTION OF 600 MILES APPLIES WHEN TRAVEL IS VIA PAR OR AMS OR ROM
Some examples of possible routings:
This fare is significantly cheaper than the competitors during the summer:
I was able to find availability for August and September 2017 using Matrix ItaSoftware:
This fare can be booked on Air France:
Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents):
The following accruals were estimated for IAD-CDG-BSL round trip travel on AF metal.
Ideal for those looking for a cheap fare for a European summer holiday. It is a deeply discounted fare so accruals are not optimal, and change/cancellation rules are hard. This should be taken into account before booking.