Today’s Airfare of the Day goes to Malaysia Airlines Business Class restricted fares between Delhi and Perth.
This fare would make a good mileage run, especially if you’re looking for cheap BA TPs.
I first learned of this fare on FlyerTalk. You can access the original post here.
- Fare: Malaysia (MH) ZBZ1YIZ DEL to PER
- Booking class: Z (Business Class)
- Price: USD 1578 (USD 1090 Base Fare + Taxes & Surcharges)
- Day/Time restrictions: Permitted Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays
- Flight restrictions: Travel between DEL and KUL must be on any MH flight (including codeshares) – Travel between KUL and Australia must be on any MH/BA/QF/CX/JL/AA/AB flights (including codeshares)
- Minimum stay: No minimum stay requirements apply
- Maximum stay: 12 months after departure from fare origin
- Stopovers: 1 free stopover in KUL + 2 stopovers at INR 4000 (USD 62) each
- Transfers: Unlimited transfers permitted
- Sales restrictions: Tickets must be issued on/after 23 MAR 2017
- Cancellations: Charge INR 5000 (USD 77) for refund
- Changes: Any time, charge INR 1000 (USD 15) for reissue/revalidation
/WITHIN THE EASTERN HEMISPHERE/
DOM ROUTE VALIDATION APPLIES WITHIN ORIG/DEST COUNTRIES
MAP CONSTRUCTED LEFT TO RIGHT AND RIGHT TO LEFT
Examples of possible routings:
I was able to find availability from July 2017 to June 2018 using Matrix ItaSoftware:
Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents):
The following accruals were estimated for DEL-KUL-SYD-PER round trip travel on AV metal without considering any elite status bonuses or ongoing promotions.
This fare is available until end of service (no expiration date filed). Accruals and cost of miles is excellent in all mayor OneWorld programs, and change/cancellation fees are cheap.
It’s also interesting that stopovers in Australia can be added for a reasonable fee.