Today’s Airfare of the Day goes to Etihad Airways’ First Class restricted fares between Cairo and Tokyo. These prices apply for their SUITES First Class product.
This fare is being discussed on FlyerTalk (access here)
- Fare: Etihad (EY) ROWEG CAI to TYO (One Way) – RRTEG CAI to TYO (Round Trip)
- Booking class: R (First Class)
- Price: $1547 One Way ($1358 Base Fare + Taxes & Surcharges) – $2446 Round Trip ($2103 Base Fare + Taxes & Surcharges)
- Maximum stay: 12 months after departure from fare origin
- Stopovers: Unlimited free stopovers permitted
- Transfers: Unlimited transfers permitted
- Cancellations: Fully refundable – Charge $130 for no-show
- Changes: Any time – Charge $105 for no-show
/WITHIN THE EASTERN HEMISPHERE/
MAP CONSTRUCTED LEFT TO RIGHT AND RIGHT TO LEFT
Examples of possible routings:
Plenty of availability both for one way or round trip from August 2017 to May 2018:
This fare can be booked on Etihad.com:
Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents):
The following accruals were estimated for CAI-AUH-NRT round trip travel on EY metal without considering any elite status bonuses or ongoing promotions.
This seems to be a regular flexible First Class fare filed by Etihad: it is fully refundable and has no change fees except in case of no-show. This is a great price for those willing to get Etihad First Class Suites out of the bucket list!
The fare allows for unlimited stopovers and also for some creative routings, including possible stops in AUH, DXB, NGO, KUL or HKG. And Etihad offers their First Class passengers 2 free nights at a five star hotel for stopovers in AUH!