Today’s Airfare of the Day goes to Kenya Airways upgrade Business Class fares between London and Johannesburg.
I first learned of this fare on FlyerTalk (access here).
- Fare: Kenya Airways (KQ) ULUP5D LON to JNB
- Booking class: Z (Business Class)
- Price: $1508 ($916 Base Fare + Taxes & Surcharges)
- Seasonal restrictions: Permitted 19 AUG through 11 DEC 2017 or 25 DEC 2017 through 10 JUL 2018
- Advance reservation/ticketing: Reservations for all sectors required at least 5 days before departure
- Flight restrictions: All flights must be on KQ metal
- Minimum stay: 5 days after departure from fare origin
- Maximum stay: 12 months after departure from fare origin
- Stopovers: No stopovers allowed
- Transfers: Transfers permitted as per routing
- Cancellations: Before departure charge $100 for refund – After departure charge $150 for refund
- Changes: Before departure permitted at no fee – After departure charge $100 for reissue/revalidation – No-show charge $150 for reissue/revalidation
/WITHIN THE EASTERN HEMISPHERE/
DOM ROUTE VALIDATION APPLIES WITHIN ORIG/DEST COUNTRIES
MAP CONSTRUCTED LEFT TO RIGHT AND RIGHT TO LEFT
Examples of possible routings:
I was able to find availability up to July 2018 using Matrix ItaSoftware:
Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents):
The following accruals were estimated for LHR-NBO-JNB travel on KQ metal without considering any elite status bonuses or ongoing promotions.
This is a good UP fare (economy fare that upgrades to business class). It seems that it also works from AMS as departure point, and CPT as arrival point. Changes allowed for free before departure and not outrageous cancellation fees add up for some flexibility.