Marriott Rewards launched a promotion back in June with select airline partners to drive new member sign ups by December 31, 2017 that they have now tweaked.
The original offer came with 1,000 bonus miles merely for signing up that is now gone (no stays were required) plus double miles for their stays for 90 days. Sign up by December 31, 2017, is required, however. Marriott has added more airline partners for this promotion since the offer was released.
You can access this offer on Marriott’s website here.
Here are the participating airline partners (updated):
British Airways Executive Club
Jet Airways JetPrivilege (NEW)
Lufthansa Miles & More
Qatar Privilege Club
Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer (NEW)
You should collect Marriott Rewards points for Marriott stays and later issue Travel Packages with airline miles component. This is far better and generous strategy than auto-converting stays from getco.
A LoyaltyLobby alerted me about this change yesterday and decided to do this update today. Not sure if Marriott has posted the 1,000 bonus miles for those members that signed up when this offer was launched in June.
Here are the terms and conditions:
- This promotion is for new members to the Marriott Rewards program who enroll between June 1, 2017 and December 31, 2017.
- Existing Marriott Rewards members are not eligible. To see your Marriott Rewards® promotions, sign into your online account.
- Enrollment with Marriott Rewards® is required to be eligible for this promotion. When enrolling, you must select an airline participating in this promotion.
- Upon enrollment, registration for the promotion is automatic.
- Promotion earning period is 90 days from enrollment.
- This offer is valid only for qualifying stays you personally make at participating Marriott® brand hotels within 90 days from enrollment. For a list of current Marriott Rewards participating brands, visit http://www.marriott.com/marriott-rewards/earn/hotels.mi
- A ‘stay’ is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity.
- Stays made during the promotion period prior to enrollment are not eligible for double Miles.
- Reservations must be made on a direct Marriott booking channel such as Marriott.com, worldwide telephone reservation center, mobile app or directly at a hotel in order to qualify for the bonus miles.
- Earn double Miles, up to a total of 35,000 bonus Miles in addition to base Miles, beginning with the first stay and all subsequent stays during the promotion timeframe.
- As used in these terms and conditions, “Miles” means the earning currency (miles, points, or other earning currency) of the airline partners participating in this promotion. For participating airline partners whose earning currency is in kilometers, double Miles earned will be converted into kilometers at a conversion rate of 1.6 prior to posting to member’s preferred airline account.
- Marriott Rewards base mileage earned for qualifying charges is calculated based on the airline loyalty program’s earning currency. To review base mileage calculations, click here.
- Members electing to earn Marriott Rewards points (“Points”) are not eligible for this promotion.
- Allow 4 to 6 weeks after your stay is complete for double Miles to be posted to your airline/miles program account.
- All Marriott Rewards program terms and conditions apply. Visit the Marriott Rewards Terms & Conditions for complete details.
- All program terms and conditions of participating airlines apply.
- Your preferred airline/miles program reserves the right to change program rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers at any time without notice. Any such changes may affect your ability to use the awards or mileage credits that you have accumulated. Your preferred airline/miles program is not responsible for products or services offered by other participating companies.