Today’s Airfare of the Day goes to American Airlines/British Airways/Finnair/Iberia shoulder season round trip instant purchase Economy Class fares between New York City and Zurich.
- Fare: American (AA)/British Airways (BA)/Finnair (AY)/Iberia (IB) OKN8Z7S5 NYC to ZRH
- Booking class: O (Economy/Coach)
- Price: $350 ($1 Base Fare + Taxes & Surcharges)
- Seasonal restrictions: Permitted 20 AUG through 28 OCT 2017 for each transatlantic sector
- Flight restrictions: Transatlantic sectors must be on AA/BA/AY/IB metal
- Advance reservation/ticketing: Reservations are required at least 28 days before departure
- Minimum stay: 7 days after departure
- Maximum stay: 12 months after departure
- Stopovers: No stopovers permitted
- Transfers: 2 transfers permitted in each direction
- Blackout dates: Travel is not permitted 09 DEC 2017 through 08 JAN 2018
- Sales restrictions: Tickets must be issued on/before 20 OCT 2017
- Cancellations: Ticket is non-refundable in case on cancel/no-show
- Changes: Changes permitted – Charge $275 for reissue/revalidation
Examples of possible routings:
I was able to find availability for September/October 2017 using Matrix ItaSoftware:
Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents):
The following accruals were estimated for JFK-ZRH travel on AA metal without considering any elite status bonuses or ongoing promotions.
There are some good transatlantic economy fares lately, probably due to Norwegian stirring the competition with their no-frills unbundled fares. Accruals are low and change fees are steep, as expected for such cheap fare.