Today’s Airfare of the Day goes to Delta Air Lines 2nd level Business Class excursion fares between Vancouver and Beijing.
I first learned of this fare on FlyerTalk (access original post here)
- Fare: Delta (DL) ZNE0ZNDD YVR to BJS
- Booking class: Z (Delta One/Business Class)
- Price: $1978 ($1578 Base Fare + Taxes & Surcharges)
- Flight restrictions: Transpacific segments must be on DL metal – Fare does not allow segments on AS flights operated by VX
- Maximum stay: 6 months after departure
- Stopovers: 2 stopovers permitted in Asia at $100 each
- Transfers: Unlimited transfers permitted
- Sales restrictions: Tickets must be issued on/before 31 AUG 2017
- Cancellations: Ticket is non-refundable
- Changes: Changes permitted – Charge $450 for reissue/revalidation
/VIA THE PACIFIC/ MPM 6333
MILEAGE SYSTEM APPLIES BETWEEN ORIGIN AND DESTINATION
TICKETED POINT DEDUCTION OF 1800 MILES APPLIES WHEN TRAVEL IS VIA HNL
TICKETED POINT DEDUCTION OF 1250 MILES APPLIES WHEN TRAVEL IS VIA LAX
TICKETED POINT DEDUCTION OF 800 MILES APPLIES WHEN TRAVEL IS VIA HNL
Examples of possible routings:
I was able to find availability for August 2017 to EOS using Matrix ItaSoftware:
Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents):
The following accruals were estimated for YVR-LAX-SEA-PEK travel on DL metal without considering any elite status bonuses or ongoing promotions.
To maximize mileage accrual this fare can be routed via LAX. It’s the scenic route, but you get the extra YVR-LAX-SEA miles instead of just YVR-SEA. According to routing rules, this fare could also be routed through HNL but I was not able to find any availability for this route.