Today’s Airfare of the Day goes to Finnair shoulder season round trip instant purchase fares between San Francisco and Berlin.
- Fare: Finnair (AY) OKN0T1S5 SFO to BER
- Booking class: O (Economy/Coach)
- Price: $429 ($29 Base Fare + Taxes & Surcharges)
- Seasonal restrictions: Permitted 19 AUG through 31 OCT 2017 for each transatlantic sector
- Flight restrictions: Travel between North America and Europe must be on any marketed or operated AY flight
- Advanced reservation/ticketing: Ticketing must be completed at least 3 days before departure
- Minimum stay: First Sunday after arrival at turnaround
- Maximum stay: 6 months after departure
- Stopovers: No stopovers permitted
- Transfers: 2 transfers permitted in each direction
- Travel restrictions: All travel must be completed by midnight on OCT 31 2017
- Sales restrictions: Tickets must be issued on/before 15 SEP 2017
- Cancellations: Ticket is non-refundable
- Changes: Changes permitted – Charge $275 for reissue/revalidation
/VIA THE ATLANTIC/ MPM 6840
MILEAGE SYSTEM APPLIES BETWEEN ORIGIN AND DESTINATION
TICKETED POINT DEDUCTION OF 335 MILES APPLIES WHEN TRAVEL IS VIA SUB AREA 21
TICKETED POINT DEDUCTION OF 550 MILES APPLIES WHEN TRAVEL IS VIA DFW AND/OR CHI AND/OR MIA AND/OR NYC AND/OR RDU
Examples of possible routings:
I was able to find availability for August and September 2017 using Matrix ItaSoftware:
Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents):
The following accruals were estimated for SFO-HEL-TXL round trip travel on AY metal without considering any elite status bonuses or ongoing promotions.
Excellent fare from the West Coast to Europe, and with some decent accrual on Finnair’s program. Availability is limited to August and September.