Emirates has launched 50% off economy award sale for select destinations for travel between October 1 – November 30, 2017.
The discount only applies for miles required and the airline still collects the hefty fuel surcharges. You must book by September 9.
You can access this offer on Emirates’ website here.
Here are the eligible destinations:
When I once was trying to make one-way economy class booking using Skywards miles, it basically was the same price (taxes, fees + fuel surcharges) than buying a revenue fare on flydubai at the time (chose the latter).
Skywards miles are best used for upgrades or premium cabin awards. One-way economy awards between expensive city pairs can perhaps make sense as well.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
*Subject to availability.
Please note that discounted reward tickets are not available from or to the following cities: Adelaide, Ahmedabad, Auckland, Brisbane, Buenos Aires, Christchurch, Delhi, Glasgow, Guangzhou, Lisbon, London Gatwick, Manchester, Mauritius, Melbourne, Mumbai, Osaka, Perth, Phnom Penh, Phuket, Rio De Janeiro, Rome, São Paulo, Seattle, Stockholm, Sydney, Tokyo Haneda, Tokyo Narita, Toronto, and Yangon.
Also excluded is the Dubai-Athens/Athens-Dubai route. From Athens, the only destination included in the sale is New York Newark. From New York Newark, the only destination included in the sale is Athens.
The Emirates Skywards October–November Global Discounted Rewards Campaign is open to all who:
- Are Emirates Skywards members or become members by September 9, 2017.
- Book on or after the start date of the promotion through the end date of the promotion.
- Purchase and complete issuance of a ticket on eligible flights marketed and operated by Emirates by the last day of the sale period, as per the “Date of Issue” on the e-ticket receipt.
- Commence and complete travel between October 1 and November 30, 2017.
- Purchase an Economy Class Round-Trip Classic Saver Reward ticket. Taxes and carrier-imposed surcharges are excluded from the discount and must be paid in full.
- All other terms and conditions for Emirates Skywards Economy Saver Flight Rewards remain the same.