Today’s Airfare of the Day goes to American Airlines basic season instant purchase economy class fares between Los Angeles and Hong Kong.
- Fare: American (AA) OLE0O8O1 LAX to HKG
- Booking class: O (Economy/Coach)
- Price: $445 ($278 Base Fare + Taxes & Surcharges)
- Seasonal restrictions: Permitted 14 JAN through 31 MAR 2018 on the outbound transpacific sector
- Flight restrictions: Transpacific sectors must be on AA metal
- Minimum stay requirements: 12 hours after arrival at HKG
- Maximum stay requirements: 30 days after departure from fare origin
- Stopovers: 2 stopovers permitted at $100 each
- Transfers: 2 transfers permitted in each direction
- Sales restrictions: Tickets must be issued on/before 08 SEP 2017
- Cancellations: Ticket is non-refundable in case of cancel/no-show
- Changes: Any time, charge $ 250 for reissue/revalidation
/VIA THE PACIFIC/ PUBLISHED MPM 8698
MILEAGE SYSTEM APPLIES ORIGIN TO DESTINATION
TICKETED POINT DEDUCTION OF 800 MILES APPLIES WHEN TRAVEL IS VIA HNL
TICKETED POINT DEDUCTION OF 1300 MILES APPLIES WHEN TRAVEL IS VIA DFW
TICKETED POINT DEDUCTION OF 2000 MILES APPLIES WHEN TRAVEL IS VIA DFW OR LAX
Examples of possible routings:
I was able to find availability for January/February 2018 using Matrix ItaSoftware:
Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents):
The following accruals were estimated for LAX-HKG round trip travel on AA metal without considering any elite status bonuses or ongoing promotions.
Let’s hope these prices we are seeing lately for economy class transatlantic and transpacific fares stick for a while. Low fuel prices and the disruption of low-cost carriers are doing wonders!