Today’s Airfare of the Day goes to the OneWorld transatlantic joint venture (AY/IB/BA/AA) and their shoulder season round trip instant purchase Economy Class fares between New York City and Helsinki.
- Fare: Finnair/Iberia/British Airways/American Airlines (AY/IB/BA/AA) OKN8Z7S5 NYC to HEL
- Booking class: O (Economy/Coach)
- Price: $386 ($56 Base Fare + Taxes & Surcharges)
- Seasonal restrictions: Permitted 20 AUG through 28 OCT 2017 for each transatlantic sector
- Flight restrictions: Transatlantic sectors must be on AY/IB/BA/AA metal
- Minimum stay requirements: 7 days after departure of the outbound transatlantic sector
- Maximum stay requirements: 12 months after departure from fare origin
- Stopovers: No stopovers permitted
- Transfers: 2 transfers permitted in each direction
- Sales restrictions: Tickets must be issued on/before 20 OCT 2017
- Cancellations: Ticket is non-refundable in case of cancel/no-show
- Changes: Any time, charge $ 275 for reissue/revalidation
/VIA THE ATLANTIC/ MPM 4917
MILEAGE SYSTEM APPLIES BETWEEN ORIGIN AND DESTINATION
TICKETED POINT DEDUCTION OF 550 MILES APPLIES WHEN TRAVEL IS VIA DFW AND/OR CHI AND/OR MIA AND/OR NYC AND/OR RDU
Examples of possible routings:
I was able to find availability for October 2017 using Matrix ItaSoftware:
Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents):
The following accruals were estimated for JFK-HEL round trip travel on AY metal without considering any elite status bonuses or ongoing promotions.
These cheap transatlantic fares are more common nowadays thanks to the low cost carriers. But in this case a suitcase and a hot meal are included on the deal. The fare is non-refundable and with a steep change fee: book only if travel plans are final.