Today’s Airfare of the Day goes to American Airlines basic season one way instant purchase economy class fares between Auckland and Los Angeles.
- Fare: American (AA) OLE00NN1 AKL to LAX
- Booking class: O (Economy/Coach)
- Price: $365 ($305 Base Fare + Taxes & Surcharges)
- Seasonal restrictions: Permitted 07 OCT through 03 DEC 2017 and 16 JAN through 24 MAR 2018 on the outbound transpacific sector
- Flight restrictions: Transpacific sectors must be on AA metal
- Stopovers: 2 stopovers permitted in each direction limited to 1 free and 1 at NZD 100,00
- Transfers: 1 transfers permitted in each direction
- Sales restrictions: Tickets must be issued on/before 24 SEP 2017
- Cancellations: Ticket is non-refundable in case of cancel/no-show
- Changes: Any time, charge NZD 50,00 for reissue/revalidation before departure
/VIA THE PACIFIC/ PUBLISHED MPM 7820
MILEAGE SYSTEM APPLIES ORIGIN TO DESTINATION
TICKETED POINT DEDUCTION OF 1100 MILES APPLIES WHEN TRAVEL IS VIA SYD
TICKETED POINT DEDUCTION OF 2000 MILES APPLIES WHEN TRAVEL IS VIA DFW OR LAX
Examples of possible routings:
I was able to find availability for October 2017 to March 2018 using Matrix ItaSoftware:
This fare can be booked on Priceline:
Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents):
The following accruals were estimated for AKL-LAX one way travel on AA metal without considering any elite status bonuses or ongoing promotions.
Excellent price for a one way ticket on a nonstop flight for such a distance, and on the B787 which makes such a long travel easier. Change fees are reasonable (approx. $37) but the fare is non-refundable in case of cancellation.