Today’s Airfare of the Day goes to China Southern Airlines midweek Premium Economy excursion fares for round trip travel between Beijing and Los Angeles.
- Fare: China Southern (CZ) SXACZU BJS to LAX
- Booking class: S (Premium Economy)
- Price: $828 ($531 Base Fare + Taxes & Surcharges)
- Day/Time restrictions: Permitted Mondays through Thursdays for the outbound transpacific sector
- Flight restrictions: Transpacific sectors must be on CZ metal
- Advanced reservation/Ticketing restrictions: Reservations and ticketing required at least 7 days before departure
- Minimum stay requirements: Do not apply
- Maximum stay requirements: 6 months after departure from fare origin
- Stopovers: Free stopovers permitted @ CAN
- Transfers: 4 transfers permitted in each direction
- Blackout dates: Do not apply
- Travel restrictions: Valid for travel commencing on/after 04 OCT 2017 and on/before 31 DEC 2017
- Sales restrictions: Tickets must be issued on/before 10 OCT 2017
- Cancellations: Charge CNY 1000 for refund
- Changes: Charge CNY 600 for reissue/revalidation
Examples of possible routings:
I was able to find availability for October to December 2017 using Matrix ItaSoftware:
This fare can be booked on Priceline:
Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents):
The following accruals were estimated for PEK-CAN-LAX round trip travel on CZ metal without considering any elite status bonuses or ongoing promotions.
Good price for Premium Economy, but for those looking for cheaper tickets, there are Economy Class tickets available for around $380 on this same airline and route. I haven’t tried CZ ever but their Premium Economy seat looks a lot like Air France’s, which I recently tried (check my review here) and I was not impressed.
Did you find a good airfare and you would like me to post about it? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your findings!