Air France-KLM Flying Blue has just released their September promotional awards for December 1 – January 31, 2017-travel.
The discount is usually from 20% to 50% off the usual number of miles required (although sometimes the discount is capped at 25%).
Here are the eligible routes for October 2017 Promo Awards (note that I now link both Air France & Flying Blue versions):
You can also book these as one-way. These are not only for originating from Europe as all the destinations are valid for both directions. Flying Blue used to divide Europe to zones 1, 2 and 3, but seems to just use the designation EUROPE for all these from now on.
Note that Europe should include all the following countries:
Belgium, France, Germany, Ireland, United Kingdom, Netherlands, Switzerland, Luxembourg
Austria, Balearic Islands ,Finland, Denmark, Italy, Malta, Norway, Portugal, Spain , Sweden
Albania, Algeria, Belarus, Bosnia Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Canary Islands, Croatia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Israel, Libya, Lithuania, Latvia, Macedonia, Moldova, Morocco, Poland, Romania, West Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Tunisia, Ukraine.
Flying Blue has changed the taxes and mainly fuel surcharges that it collects for award tickets making economy awards a better deal than they used to be. The fuel surcharge that Air France-KLM now called “carrier imposed international surcharge” is capped for premium economy, business, and first class flights as well.
These Promo Awards are actually quite interesting this time around. Many North America destinations are on sale in Business Class (only 25% off), but I still cannot get my head around the Premium Economy and Business class award pricing for Asia. Just doesn’t make any sense!
Here are the terms and conditions of this award type:
- Reservations must be made exclusively on www.airfrance.com or www.klm.com (except for bookings for children, infants and minors, who are not authorised to book an award on the website).
- In the event that a technical problem occurs when reserving the promotional fare or if the reservation cannot be finalised, the Flying Blue member must log on to the site and repeat the procedure.
- This award ticket may be used on connecting flights within Europe and on connecting flights from Europe to long-haul flights and vice-versa.
- These promotional Promo Award@ may not be modified, cancelled or refunded.
- Promo Award@ are available for one-way tickets and round trips.
- Flex Award are not included in the Promo Award@ offer.