American Express has partnered with Lufthansa at Munich (MUC) airport to expand their American Express Global Lounge Collection that are available to select premium Charge Card holders.
Usual access policy for said lounges is being Star Alliance Gold for the Senator Lounge or holding a Star Alliance airline First Class ticket. The Lufthansa First Class Lounge is only accessible to Lufthansa Miles&More HON Circle members as well as Lufthansa/Swiss First Class passengers (including connecting flights).
You can access details to the American Express Global Lounge Collection on their website here.
The American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ is an expanding portfolio of airport lounges that includes The Centurion® lounge network, Delta Sky Clubs® (when flying Delta), and hundreds of other domestic and international lounges in over 500 airports worldwide.‡
American Express Global Lounge Collection℠‡ programs and partners:
– The Centurion® Lounge
– International American Express Lounges
– Delta SkyClub®
– Priority Pass Select*
– Escape Lounges
Now when you enroll in Priority Pass Select and visit a lounge, you can bring two accompanying guests for no charge, where applicable
To find a lounge, visit the Membership section in the latest version of the Amex® Mobile App.
You will need to access your online account to select individual lounges as it depends on your membership status what’s being displayed.
Access is available for the following cards:
- Personal Platinum Charge Card from American Express
- American Express Business Platinum Charge Card from American Express Open
- Personal Centurion Card from American Express
The partnership which is currently limited until May 31st 2018 includes the following Lufthansa lounges at Munich Airport, however only inside the Satellite Terminal 2:
- Platinum Cardholders booked in Economy Class may access the Lufthansa Business Lounge when flying a Lufthansa Group Airline (Lufthansa/Swiss/Austrian)
- Platinum Cardholders booked in Business Class may access the Lufthansa Senator Lounge when flying a Lufthansa Group Airline (Lufthansa/Swiss/Austrian)
- Centurion Cardholders booked in any class of service may access the Lufthansa First Class Lounge when flying a Lufthansa Group Airline (Lufthansa/Swiss/Austrian)
Guests are not permitted, each passenger must present his/her own card. As per the display on the LoungeBuddy app which Amex uses the facilities are only available in the satellite, NOT the main terminal.
It’s a big advantage for Amex premium customers to add additional lounges to their network even though the Lufthansa partnership will be timely limited (for now) until the end of May 2018. So far there has only been communication to U.S. based card members regarding the availability of this new feature even though there are some comments on social media that Germany based Centurion members got the confirmation that the lounge option in Munich would apply to them as well.
Potentially more Lufthansa lounges could be added in the future if this partnership goes well but for now it’s restricted to Munich only. I suggest non-U.S. based card members to check with their local Platinum / Centurion Concierge to verify access eligibility.