United Airlines has launched new double MileagePlus mile promotion for travel between Hong Kong and San Francisco, Chicago and Newark through December 6.
The offer is valid for MileagePlus members whose address is in Hong Kong, Macau or Guangdon Providence, register for this promotion and purchase their ticket between September 27 – November 30.
You can access and register for this offer on United’s website here.
Note that the ticket purchased on basic economy (N) are not eligible for the bonus miles and the number of bonus miles that one can earn from this promotion are capped at 50,000.
Here’s the bonus miles schedule:
The problem obviously is that the economy ticket prices today are really low and this the bonus miles minuscule too!
Here are the terms and conditions of this promotion:
- Offer is valid for MileagePlus® members who reside in Hong Kong, Macau and Guangdong Province of China, and for travel from Hong Kong (HKG) to San Francisco (SFO), Chicago (ORD) or New York/Newark (EWR). Roundtrip purchase required.
- Connections are allowed. However, the bonus is only valid for transpacific/transarctic segments between Hong Kong (HKG) and San Francisco (SFO), Chicago (ORD) or New York/Newark (EWR).
- Offer valid for tickets purchased from 27 September 2017 through 30 November 2017. Travel must be completed on or before 6 December 2017.
- Registration on united.com is required before ticketing.
- On paid qualifying segments, members can earn double award miles as shown in the chart above for the qualifying portion of the fare purchased.
- Offer is only valid on paid qualifying segments flown on United Airlines® and is not valid on United-marketed codeshare flights operated by other carriers.
- Roundtrip is defined as travel from an origin city to a destination city with return travel beginning in the destination city back to the origin city.
- A segment is defined as one takeoff and one landing.
- Tickets purchased in Basic Economy (N fare class) are not eligible for this promotion.
- You can earn the bonus in accordance with these terms and conditions, up to a maximum of 50,000 bonus award miles.
- Bonus award miles do not count toward MileagePlus Premier® status qualification or Million Miler status.
- Offer is not valid on government fares.
- Bonus is not combinable with other offers.
- The member’s MileagePlus® account number must be included on each reservation and qualifying activity must be posted to the member’s account in order to qualify for this offer.
- Award tickets and other tickets that are not eligible to earn award miles do not qualify for this offer.
- Bonus will be posted to the member’s MileagePlus account six to eight weeks after the end of the promotion period.
- Offer valid for tickets purchased through united.com, our reservation center or United city ticket offices. Service charges for ticketing with a United representative in the 50 United States, District of Columbia and Canada are $25 by phone, $30 at a City Ticket Office and $35 in person at the airport. Ticketing charges may vary outside of the U.S. and Canada and based on MileagePlus status level. The ticketing service charge does not apply for tickets purchased on united.com. Service charges are subject to change.
- Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
- Miles accrued, awards, and benefits issued are subject to change and are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program, including without limitation the Premier® program (the “MileagePlus Program”), which are expressly incorporated herein. United may change the MileagePlus Program including, but not limited to, rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers or terminate the MileagePlus Program at any time and without notice. United and its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products or services of other participating companies and partners. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the member. Bonus award miles, award miles and any other miles earned through non-flight activity do not count toward qualification for Premier status unless expressly stated otherwise. The accumulation of mileage or Premier status or any other status does not entitle members to any vested rights with respect to the MileagePlus Program. All calculations made in connection with the MileagePlus Program, including without limitation with respect to the accumulation of mileage and the satisfaction of the qualification requirements for Premier status, will be made by United Airlines and MileagePlus in their discretion and such calculations will be considered final. Information in this communication that relates to the MileagePlus Program does not purport to be complete or comprehensive and may not include all of the information that a member may believe is important, and is qualified in its entirety by reference to all of the information on the united.com website and the MileagePlus Program rules. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks. For complete details about the MileagePlus Program, go to www.united.com.