Etihad Airways has launched new 20% conversion promotion from select program to Etihad Guest through October 31, 2017.
The offer is valid for all conversions made between October 1 – 31, 2017, from programs mentioned below only.
You can access this offer on Etihad’s website here.
Here are the eligible partners:
You have to keep in mind that you can convert at least from the hotel programs to many other airline programs. Etihad’s own awards have become (I would say) grossly overpriced and you need to pay cash component too in addition to actual taxes. The number of miles required and this cash component is soon increasing (read more here).
There are some sweet spots with their partners if you don’t mind having to deal with their (less than stellar) call centers. You cannot book partner awards online.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- The offer is valid for all Points to Miles conversions made between 1 October and 31 October 2017 both days inclusive.
- All participating points conversion partners: Accor Hotels, ADCB, Rezidor, Citibank UAE*only, Emirates Islamic Bank, Heathrow Rewards, Hilton Honors, Hyatt, IHG, Joyalukkas, Marriott Rewards, NBAD, Shangri-La, Etisalat Rewards, Commercial Bank of Dubai, HSBC, Boubyan Bank, ADCB TouchPoints
- Non participation points conversion partners: Flybuys Rewards, AMEX MR*, Starwood and Citibank ROW* are excluded from this promotion
- Once the Miles transfer request in initiated it cannot be reversed.
- This offer is subject to the Terms & Conditions of the Etihad Guest Programme.
- A valid Etihad Guest membership number is required to successfully perform the conversion.
- The Etihad Guest member will be responsible for quoting the correct Etihad Guest membership number to the participating conversion partners for the conversion activity.
- Terms and conditions governing the existing Conversion partners will apply.
- The promotion is applicable for any member who converts their points from a qualifying Partner loyalty programme to Etihad Guest Miles. The eligibility of the bonus miles for a specific member will be done based on the validity of the promotion and the date of conversion provided by the partner for that respective member.
- Base Etihad Guest Miles converted by the member will be awarded as per the applicable conversion ratios of each respective partner
- Bonus Etihad Guest Miles earned during this promotion will reflect in the member’s Etihad Guest membership account within 15 days of the end date of the promotion
- If an Etihad Guest member holds credit cards and/or Hotel loyalty programme cards of different banks and hotels and converts the rewards points to Etihad Guest Miles under this promotion, then the number of Bonus Guest Miles he/she will earn will reflect separately in the members account for each partner
- The above promotion construct is valid only for all the Points Conversion Partners which fall under the Points Conversion programme and governed by the conversion ratios and minimum thresholds applicable for these respective partners.
- Bonus Etihad Guest Miles will not be calculated on a retroactive basis under any circumstances i.e. credit card/ hotel reward points converted to Etihad Guest Miles and posted into the membership account during the promotion period but for which the conversion request was placed outside the promotion period will not qualify for the bonus miles promotion.
- Etihad Guest reserves the right to withdraw or cancel the promotion or modify or alter the terms and conditions of such promotion at any time.
- Participation under this promotion is purely voluntary for the members.
- The decision of Etihad Guest will be final and binding under this promotion and no disputes will be entertained in this regard.
- This offer cannot be clubbed with any other conversion offer.