British Airways has now launched a new offer to get Airberlin Topbonus members to sign up for their Executive Club and start collecting Avios.
Topbonus elite members will get Bronze status and 4,500 bonus Avios for sign up. Seems that members can get 9,000 additional Avios by flying 4 British Airways coded and operated segments by December 31, 2017.
You can access this offer on British Airways Website here.
Note that this offer is valid for sign ups between October 17 – November 30, 2017.
You can sign up for the account on the BA’s website but probably need to send the supporting documents by email to ABtieroffer@ba.com.
BA’s Bronze status is not really a status at all. It doesn’t give you any alliance wide benefits. It is, however, rather easy to get status with BA if you have any long-haul flights coming up in premium cabins with airlines such as Qatar Airways. Just remember that you need to have minimum four BA coded segments.
Here are the terms and conditions of this promotion:
- This promotion is only open to Eligible Participants. An Eligible Participant is a customer, resident in Germany, aged 18 or older, who holds a valid airberlin topbonus Silver, Gold or Platinum card.
- Eligible Participants must be between 17 October and 30 November 2017.
- We reserve the right to refuse any request. All requests must be sent to the email address ABtieroffer@ba.com.
- British Airways Executive Club is a member of the British Airways Executive Club. Eligible Participants must join the Executive Club via the link ‘Join the Executive Club’ and click on the “Promotional Code” link on the top of the page belonging to this club .
- Eligible subscribers may also register for the double. If you are not a registered user, register now.
- In order to qualify for the 9,000 bonus Avios, Eligible Participant must be on 4 British Airways operated and marketed flights by the 31st of December 2017. Avios Points are not available. This promotion has no cash value. All Avios and Animal Points are subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Executive Club .
- Reward flights are subject to availability and capacity limitations in the booking classes eligible for these flights at the time of booking. BA shall not be liable if eligible participants are not able to book an award flight for a specific date.
Limitations of liability and notes
- (I) redemption bookings; (i) redemption bookings; (ii) travel agency or industry discounted fares, including holidays, group discount fares, child / infant fares or senior citizen fares, whether or not booked in one of the qualifying classes; and (iii) bookings made with vouchers (eg shareholder’s discount voucher).
- Applicants accepted as Membership is not accepted. A Member may not have multiple Memberships. Each member must maintain only one account. If a Member violates this rule, all memberships (other than the first Membership approved by British Airways) will be canceled.
- All passengers are promoted by BA in accordance with the General Terms and Conditions of Carriage for Passengers and Baggage (copies available from ba.com under “Legal Information”, “General Conditions of Carriage”), as well as the terms and conditions of the contract.
- BA reserves the right to terminate the terms of this promotion in the event of a serious disaster, war, civil or military unrest, earthquake or actual, anticipated or suspected violation of applicable laws or regulations, or similar events or circumstances the BA has no influence, without prior notice change or cancel.
- Personal data of the eligible participants will be collected as necessary from all the participations received, but limited to the data required for the execution of the advertising campaign and are subject to the BA Data Protection Guidelines. This information may be passed on to third parties in an appropriate manner without being subject to any liability if they are involved in the advertising campaign.
- BA is in no way responsible for reproducing the content of the Terms of Service of this promotion or indirectly accessing it through the websites of third parties if, in the event of such reproduction, information of the terms and conditions associated with this promotion is omitted or misrepresented.
- This promotion and any other non-contractual obligation arising out of or in connection with this is governed by the law of the United Kingdom and Wales. (A) the European Union (EU) other than the United Kingdom, and (b) If you are a resident of a country which is a signatory to the Rome Convention, your law is governed by the law of your country.
- Advertising material is an integral part of these terms and conditions. In the event of a conflict between these terms and conditions and the advertising material, the terms of business shall prevail.
- The organizer of the advertising campaign is British Airways Plc, Waterside, PO Box 365, Harmondsworth, West Drayton UB7 0GB, England. Registration number. 1777777 in England.