Today’s Airfare of the Day goes to China Southern Airlines basic season regular excursion fares for round trip travel between New York City and Kuala Lumpur.
- Fare: China Southern (CZ) TLPTUS NYC to KUL
- Booking class: T (Economy/Coach)
- Price: $424 ($150 Base Fare + Taxes & Surcharges)
- Day/Time restrictions: Do not apply
- Seasonal restrictions: Permitted 19 OCT through 09 DEC 2017 or 01 JAN through 03 MAY 2018 on the outbound transpacific sector
- Flight restrictions: All sectors must be on CZ metal
- Advanced reservation/Ticketing restrictions: Ticketing must be completed at least 14 days before departure
- Minimum stay requirements: 7 days after departure
- Maximum stay requirements: 3 months after departure
- Transfers: 4 transfers permitted in each direction
- Blackout dates: Inbound travel is not permitted 31 DEC 2017 through 11 JAN 2018 or 08 FEB through 16 FEB 2018 or 06 JUL through 20 AUG 2018
- Travel restrictions: Do not apply
- Sales restrictions: Tickets must be issued on/before 16 DEC 2017
- Cancellations: Charge $300 for refund
- Changes: Charge $200 for reissue/revalidation
Examples of possible routings:
I was able to find availability from November 2017 to April 2018 using Matrix ItaSoftware:
This fare can be booked on Priceline:
Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents):
The following accruals were estimated for JFK-CAN-KUL round trip travel on CZ marketed flights without considering any elite status bonuses or ongoing promotions.
Good economy class price from the East Coast to South East Asia, but with very limited mileage accrual (not surprising for deep discount economy fares). Bear in mind the expensive change and cancellation fees.
Did you find a good airfare and you would like me to post about it? Do you have any questions about a fare? Email me at email@example.com