Today’s Airfare of the Day goes to Turkish Airlines business class promotional round trip fares between Beijing and Chicago.
- Fare: Turkish Airlines (TK) JF2BRO BJS to CHI
- Booking class: J (Business Class)
- Price: $1935 ($1208 Base Fare + Taxes & Surcharges)
- Day/Time restrictions: Do not apply
- Seasonal restrictions: Permitted 03 OCT 2017 through 31 MAR 2018 on the first international sector
- Flight restrictions: All segments must be on TK metal
- Advanced reservation/Ticketing restrictions: Ticketing must be completed at least 3 days before departure
- Minimum stay requirements: 3 days or until first Sunday after departure
- Maximum stay requirements: 4 months after departure
- Stopovers: Stopovers permitted in IST in both directions
- Transfers: 2 transfers permitted in each direction
- Blackout dates: Outbound travel is not permitted 09 FEB through 17 FEB 2018 – Inbound travel is not permitted 17 FEB through 24 FEB 2018
- Travel restrictions: Do not apply
- Sales restrictions: Tickets must be issued on/before 31 OCT 2017
- Changes: Charge $130 for reissue/revalidation – Charge $260 for no-show
- Cancellations: Ticket is non-refundable
Examples of possible routings:
I was able to find availability from November 2017 to March 2018 using Matrix ItaSoftware:
This fare can be booked on Priceline:
Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents):
The following accruals were estimated for PEK-IST-ORD round trip travel on TK marketed and operated flights without considering any elite status bonuses or ongoing promotions.
This is defintiely the scenic route between China and the United States!
Turkish seems to be trying to compensate the business class traffic lost due to the suspension of non-immigrant visa issuance between the United States and Turkey (John discussed it here) by lowering its prices. There’s at least two other cheap business class fares they’re offering right now that are being discussed on FlyerTalk: Cairo to New York City (access here) and the Baltic states (RIX/VNO/TLL) to SFO/MIA/LAX/IAD (access here).
Did you find a good airfare and you would like me to post about it? Do you have any questions about a fare? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org