IHG Rewards Club has launched new Points & Cash award sale where they discount the Cash portion of this award by 25%.
The sale is valid for stays through December 31, 2017, and must be booked by October 26. It appears that this offer is targeted.
You can access this offer on IHG’s website here.
Here’s an example:
Seems that the price of a purchased IHG Rewards Club point can be roughly 0.45 cents under this discounted Points + Cash.
There is a discrepancy between the email that IHG sent out and the T&Cs of this promotion. The sale should end on October 26 per the email and the text on the page but the T&Cs have this sale end on October 28.
Remember that IHG here is merely selling you the points and then redeems the award at the full points. If you later decide to cancel the award, you just get the points refunded back to your account (the purchase of points is never reversed). This is one option to purchase IHG Rewards Club points at a discount as long as you don’t go overboard.
Here are the terms and conditions of this promotion:
• IHG® Rewards Club members must be logged in to receive 25% savings.
• Must book between 24/10/17-28/10/17
• Stay dates include 24/10/17-31/12/17.
• 25% discount is offered at time of booking and only pertains to the cash cost of bookings.
• Bookings for The Venetian® and The Palazzo® hotels are excluded from discounts.
• This offer is subject to the general IHG® Rewards Club membership Terms and Conditions.
• Consult Rewards Programme Rules and Regulations and product brochure, or your Cardmember Agreement, as applicable, for details.