If you’re still in the possession of some Topbonus miles yet those are not enough to redeem an award it’s now possible to pool miles between account (officially for family bot no checks in place).
You can access the Topbonus Mileage Transfer Promotion page here.
While flying with your family and airberlin this summer, you have collected a lot of miles between you. Up until 17 November 2017, you have the option of combining your family’s miles into a single account.
How the mileage transfer works:
- Please read the following steps before starting the mileage transfer.
- After clicking the button below, log in to your topbonus account. You will then be forwarded to the mileage transfer form.
- The form enables you to transfer your award miles free of charge to a topbonus account of a family member. Therefore you will need the topbonus number and the first and surname of the receiving topbonus member. You can choose from a range of different mileage packages. If the amount you want to transfer is not shown as a single amount, you can simply carry out multiple transactions.
- After choosing a mileage package and filling out the form, complete your transfer by clicking “transfer miles“. Each transfer will be confirmed in a separate window and will be visible in your account balance immediately.
- If you would like to receive miles in this way, you will need to ask your family members to follow the procedure described above. You can receive miles from a maximum of seven family member accounts.
Until 17th of November there is no fee to transfer any miles:
You can transfer miles from 26 October 2017 to 17 November 2017 free of charge. Award miles from a maximum of 7 topbonus mileage accounts can be transferred to a member account registered for this offer. Award miles must be transferred by family members who have also registered for the topbonus family miles offer.
I only had a tiny amount of 1,950 miles left in my account and offered to transfer them to a friends account so she can try and maybe find a useful award on Etihad.
You can find my article about the options using Topbonus miles for Etihad flights here. The offer is also limited until 17th November 2017 which makes me think what is so magical about this date? Not sure if that’s a good or bad sign.
This is a good option to pool a few miles and then get at least something out of it even though as I mentioned in my article about the Etihad redemptions it should be compared how much you’re actually paying in tax and surcharges or if it’s better (and easier) to just purchase a regular revenue ticket.
These are the official Terms & Conditions for this offer:
- Prior registration is required for the transfer of miles as part of the family miles offer. The transfer of miles without prior registration is not permitted.
- Miles can be transferred free of charge from 26 October to 17 November 2017.
- Only award miles credited from flight activities with airberlin or NIKI during the registration period may be transferred. The offer does not apply to status miles or welcome miles issued on initial registration with the topbonus programme.
- Award miles from a maximum of 7 topbonus accounts can be transferred to a member account registered for this offer. Award miles must be transferred by family members who have also registered for the offer. The number of transactions made to or from a family member is irrelevant here.
- A maximum of 50,000 award miles may be transferred online per member account, and 350,000 award miles received. Topbonus accounts that have received award miles may not transfer award miles to other topbonus mileage accounts.
- The original mile validity remains unaffected by the transfer. Miles that are protected by a topbonus Gold or Platinum status are exclusions to this rule. If transferred to a topbonus Classic or Silver customer, these miles will lose their expiration protection and will need to be redeemed by 31 December 2017.
- Pre-defined package sizes of 125, 250, 500, 750, 1,000, 1,500, 2,000, 5,000 or 10,000 miles are available for transfer. If your required amount is not available as a single package size, multiple transactions are possible.
- The mile transfer will be performed immediately once the transaction is confirmed.
- Mile transfers may only be performed online and initiated from the sender’s topbonus account.