Today’s Airfare of the Day goes to Lufthansa midweek second level super/special apex economy class fares between Stockholm and the West Coast (Los Angeles /San Francisco).
This fare also works for New York City for about the same price (we discussed it here).
- Fare: Lufthansa (LH) KLX2LGT STO to LAX/SFO
- Booking class: K (Economy/Coach)
- Price: $307 ($17 Base Fare + Taxes & Surcharges)
- Day/Time restrictions: Outbound travel permitted Sunday through Wednesday on each transatlantic sector – Inbound travel permitted Tuesday through Friday on each transatlantic sector
- Seasonal restrictions: Permitted 12 AUG through 19 JUN for each transatlantic sector
- Flight restrictions: Travel between Europe and North America must be on LH/CL
- Advanced reservation/Ticketing restrictions: Reservations for all sectors are required at least 28 days before departure
- Minimum stay requirements: 6 days after departure
- Maximum stay requirements: 3 months after departure
- Stopovers: No stopovers permitted
- Transfers: 1 transfer permitted in Europe in each direction
- Blackout dates: Do not apply
- Travel restrictions: Valid for travel commencing on/after 16 OCT 2017
- Sales restrictions: Do not apply
- Changes: Changes not permitted
- Cancellations: Ticket is non-refundable
Examples of possible routings:
I was able to find availability from December 2017 to March 2018 and from May to June 2018 using Matrix ItaSoftware:
This fare can be booked on Lufthansa.com
Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents):
The following accruals were estimated for ARN-FRA-LAX round trip travel on LH marketed and operated flights without considering any elite status bonuses or ongoing promotions.
Lufthansa jumps on the wagon of the ‘lite’ fares across the Atlantic Ocean. No surprise they’re offering this fare from Stockholm, one of the strongholds of Norwegian.
Although this fare is ‘light’ (i.e. no luggage allowance, no seat selection before check-in) I don’t qualify it as ‘no-frills’ as it still includes meal service on board. And Star Alliance Gold benefits should still apply (lounge access, priority check-in/boarding).
Did you find a good airfare and you would like me to post about it? Do you have any questions about a fare? Email me at email@example.com