Today’s Airfare of the Day goes to Singapore Airlines business class restricted round trip fares between Johannesburg and Sydney.
I first learned of this fare on FlyerTalk (access here).
- Fare: Singapore Airlines (SQ) D09PR1M JNB to SYD
- Booking class: D (Business Class)
- Price: From $2457 ($2323 Base Fare + Taxes & Surcharges)
- Day/Time restrictions: Do not apply
- Seasonal restrictions: Permitted 01DEC 17 through 31MAY 18
- Flight restrictions: All sectors must be on SQ/MI metal
- Advanced reservation/Ticketing restrictions: Reservations for all sectors required at least 5 days before departure
- Minimum stay requirements: 5 days after departure
- Maximum stay requirements: 1 month after departure
- Stopovers: Free stopovers permitted in SIN in each direction
- Transfers: Unlimited transfers permitted
- Blackout dates: Do not apply
- Travel restrictions: Do not apply
- Sales restrictions: Tickets must be issued on/before 30NOV 17
- Changes: Charge $150 for reissue/revalidation
- Cancellations: Charge $300 for cancel
Examples of possible routings:
I was able to find availability from December 2017 to May 2018 using Matrix ItaSoftware:
This fare can be booked on Orbitz:
Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents):
The following accruals were estimated for JNB-SIN-SYD round trip travel on SQ operated flights without considering any elite status bonuses or ongoing promotions.
Great price for two long-haul flights on SQ Business Class, with plenty of availability for 2018. Mileage accrual is good and the possibility of a stopover in Singapore definitely eases the trip as you can overnight in Singapore on both ways.