IHG Rewards Club has launched new Spire Elite member benefit that is 10AM check in that is subject to availability (hotel needs to confirm).
When Spire Elite member makes the booking, member must indicate on the stay preferences the early check in and the hotel then supposedly confirms or rejects this close to the check in date.
You can access IHG’s web page for Elite benefits here.
Here’s the email that IHG sent out today:
- Internet accessibility, speed, and connectivity in common areas and guest rooms vary by hotel. Details regarding a property’s Internet accessibility will be available at the hotel’s registration desk.
- May not be available in all regions.
- Subject to availability.
- Requires 72 hours advance notice. Platinum Elite and Spire Elite members are guaranteed one guest room for personal use for reservations made at least 72 hours prior to the date of arrival, except during special events that result in extraordinary demand, as determined solely by the hotel. Guaranteed room availability is not valid for Reward Nights. These reservations can only be made through the IHG® Rewards Club Service Centre.
- Points in your account do not expire for all current Elite members, although all of your points may expire twelve (12) months after your account moves to Club level from an Elite level without earn or redeem activity.
- Spire Elite members may check in as early as 10 a.m. Please select early arrival as a stay preference in your reservation confirmation.
I don’t like elite benefits that are not guaranteed. My usual experience with benefits that are “Subject to availability” is that you don’t get them when you really need. Hotels anyway tend to allow elite members to check in early as long as they have rooms available.
Ambassador members have guaranteed 4PM check out at InterContinental hotels and Royal Ambassadors also have guaranteed 8AM check in. IHG can guarantee benefits if they want.