Today’s Airfare of the Day goes to the Star Alliance transatlantic partners and their low/off-peak season weekend apex non-refundable fares between Hawaii and Spain.
- Fare: Air Canada (AC)/Lufthansa(LH)/United (UA) KLW97NCE HNL/KOA/OGG to MAD/BCN
- Booking class: K (Economy/Coach)
- Price: From $403 ($1 Base Fare + Taxes & Surcharges)
- Day/Time restrictions: To Spain permitted Thursday to Saturday – From Spain permitted Friday through Monday
- Seasonal restrictions: Outbound travel permitted 17NOV 17 through 14DEC 17 or 24DEC 17 through 22MAR 18 or 28OCT 18 through 13DEC 18 or 24DEC 18 through 31MAR 19 for each transatlantic sector – Inbound travel permitted 17NOV 17 through 01JAN 18 or 09JAN 18 through 31MAR 18 or 29OCT 18 through 31DEC 18 or 08JAN 19 through 31MAR 19 for each transatlantic sector.
- Flight restrictions: Transatlantic sectors must be on AC/LH/UA/SN/OS/LX metal – North America sectors (including to/from Hawaii) must be on any UA flight (including codeshares)
- Advanced reservation/Ticketing restrictions: Reservation and ticketing are required at least 90 days before departure
- Minimum stay requirements: 7 days or until first Sunday after departure
- Maximum stay requirements: 12 months after departure
- Stopovers: Unlimited stopovers permitted in Europe at $500 each
- Transfers: 5 transfers permitted in each direction: 3 in Europe and 2 in North America
- Blackout dates: Do not apply
- Travel restrictions: Valid for travel commencing on/after 01NOV 17
- Sales restrictions: Tickets must be issued on/before 21NOV 17
- Changes: Charge $300 for reissue/revalidation
- Cancellations: Ticket is non-refundable in case of cancel/no-show/refund
Examples of possible routings:
I was able to find some open availability from February to March 2018 using Matrix ItaSoftware:
This fare can be booked on Priceline:
Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents):
The following accruals were estimated for HNL-LAX-EWR-MAD round trip travel on UA operated flights without considering any elite status bonuses or ongoing promotions.
Great fare for the distance (about 4.6 cpm in most Star Alliance programs). This fare is also matched by American Airlines with slightly more expensive prices. Beware of the cancellation and changes restrictions!