Today’s Airfare of the Day goes to Cathay Pacific business class excursion round trip fares between Vietnam and the Middle East.
I first learned of this fare on FlyerTalk (access original post here).
- Fare: Cathay Pacific (CX) IAARRVN8 SGN to DXB
- Booking class: I (Business Class)
- Price: From $1177 ($979 Base Fare + Taxes & Surcharges)
- Day/Time restrictions: Do not apply
- Seasonal restrictions: Do not apply
- Flight restrictions: All sectors must be on CX/KA metal
- Advanced reservation/Ticketing restrictions: Open returns not permitted
- Minimum stay requirements: Do not apply
- Maximum stay requirements: 6 months after departure
- Stopovers: 2 stopovers permitted in HKG, 1 free and 1 at $200
- Transfers: Unlimited transfers permitted in each direction
- Blackout dates: Do not apply
- Travel restrictions: Valid for travel commencing on/after 01OCT 17 and on/before 31MAR 19
- Sales restrictions: Tickets must be issued on/before 31MAR 18
- Changes: Charge $50 for reissue/revalidation
- Cancellations: Charge $200 for cancel/refund – After departure ticket is non-refundable
Examples of possible routings:
I was able to find some open availability from November 2017 to October 2018 using Matrix ItaSoftware:
This fare can be booked on Priceline:
Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents):
The following accruals were estimated for SGN-HKG-DXB round trip travel on CX operated flights without considering any elite status bonuses or ongoing promotions.
Great fare, especially because it is not common to find these prices for Cathay Pacific. Wide open availability until EOS, and bookable until March 2018, so it is not going anywhere, at least not soon.
Change fees are very reasonable, and it allows for cancellations, which is always good.